Butts, Shoulder Roast and More

Started by classicrockgriller, March 16, 2010, 11:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Rich_91360 on March 29, 2010, 02:45:28 PM
When you first put the butts in, how long did you think they would take?  Still new to this and would have started getting worried after aboput a dozen hours let alone 21 ++.

From what i have read on site seems better to make ahead of time and either freeze or refrigerate rather than try to make for a dinner with friends, evem when starting day before.

Now I have not done this, But ronbreaux smoked a Butt this past weekend and kept his box temp at 250* and was able to finish with FTC in approx 11 hrs.

Am gonna try that method soon maybe for this Mid-week Butt experiment.

SnellySmokesEm

QuoteNow I have not done this, But ronbreaux smoked a Butt this past weekend and kept his box temp at 250* and was able to finish with FTC in approx 11 hrs.

Man CRG, What are you doing with all these butts????
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

classicrockgriller

Quote from: SnellySmokesEm on March 30, 2010, 10:22:58 AM
QuoteNow I have not done this, But ronbreaux smoked a Butt this past weekend and kept his box temp at 250* and was able to finish with FTC in approx 11 hrs.

Man CRG, What are you doing with all these butts????

I feed the less fortunate. (the ones out there in this world that don't have a Bradley) ;D

My Family, Son and DIL, Daughter and SIL, Mother, Sisters and BIL's (3), SIL's and their other half (3), Friends (a bunch)

It ALL gets eaten. I took a Butt, Buns, & Potato Salad to the people that change my oil in my Trucks and next time I went there, he N/C me for my oil change.

I have fun with it! Little do they know they are my Guinea Pigs. ;D

squirtthecat

Quote from: classicrockgriller on March 30, 2010, 10:42:36 AM
I took a Butt, Buns, & Potato Salad to the people that change my oil in my Trucks and next time I went there, he N/C me for my oil change.

GREAT idea!

SnellySmokesEm

QuoteI feed the less fortunate. (the ones out there in this world that don't have a Bradley)

My Family, Son and DIL, Daughter and SIL, Mother, Sisters and BIL's (3), SIL's and their other half (3), Friends (a bunch)

It ALL gets eaten. I took a Butt, Buns, & Potato Salad to the people that change my oil in my Trucks and next time I went there, he N/C me for my oil change.

I have fun with it! Little do they know they are my Guinea Pigs.   

Well, I am glad you have so many people to experiment on!  I never doubt that it all didnt get eaten.  ;D  Well keep up the good work with the experiments!!!!
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

smokeNcanuck

Sure wished I lived with in the "less fortunate" zone!
By the time you got to me you would need an oil change! :D
Either Way....I'm Smoke'N It

classicrockgriller

Quote from: smokeNcanuck on March 30, 2010, 07:39:48 PM
Sure wished I lived with in the "less fortunate" zone!
By the time you got to me you would need an oil change! :D

I have seen your Smokes and you are doing mighty fine without my food. ;D

PS. I don't deliver! ;D

You are the smokeNcanuck.