I have a major problem!!

Started by Andy, April 30, 2005, 01:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Ok you brought up the B word... but you missed the real B!

<b><font size="3"><font color="blue">Brandy!</font id="blue"></font id="size3"></b>

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Chez Bubba

[Homer voice on] Hmmmmmmmmm.......Beer! [Homer voice off]

[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Andy

You could practically live off of beer and bourbon....if you mix them together you get a boilermaker!!!  Go Boilers!!

As for Banana Daquaries(sp)  WEll if you can't spell it...it ain't no good!!!   Plus no alcohol in them starts with "B" that I know of!!

Brandy!!  I dated a girl by that name in color!!!  She tasted....

humpa

A Smokers Blessing........May your drinks run cold and your smoke stay white!!

Ernie....Weymouth, MA

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Andy</i>
<br />You could practically live off of beer and bourbon....if you mix them together you get a boilermaker!!!  Go Boilers!!

As for Banana Daquaries(sp)  WEll if you can't spell it...it ain't no good!!!   Plus no alcohol in them starts with "B" that I know of!!

Brandy!!  I dated a girl by that name in color!!!  She tasted....

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Andy, the only quibble I have with the B thing is that I can't think of a way to include the most venerable of all whiskies: single malt scotch!  The best I could come up with is that the ancient Gaelic word (help me out here Manxman, Muirhead, and others with some Gaelic background) for whisky is Usque <b>B</b>eatha, which means "water of life", which whisky definitely is!  Usque Beatha morphed into usquebaugh, which was subsequently shortened to usky, which in English then became whisky.  Of course, there are great malt whiskies that start with B, like Bowmore, Balvenie, Bruichladdich, Bunnahabhain, Bladnoch, Brackla, Brora and others.  Now THAT makes me feel better abut the B thing.

BTW, scotch and beer are a perfect drinking combination (not mixed together, but consumed separately of course!) because they are both malted beverages.

And just to connect this post to some other aspect of smoking, whenever I make a smoked fish pate, I always include some scotch in it.  The peatier and smokier the scotch I, the better the pate is![:p]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Andy

Most Whiskey is considered Bourbon Whiskey!!  So since it has the word Bourbon on the label you can drink your Whiskey.

If it is Beam for instance..that is Whiskey..but has the word bourbon on the label...trust me on this..

Plus don't most scotch's and whiskey's have the word "B"lended on them??

See...I found you a solution.[:D][:D][:D]

MWS

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Andy</i>
<br />plus don't most scotch's and whiskey's have the word "B"lended on them??

See...I found you a solution.[:D][:D][:D]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Not the good ones.... [;)]

Mike - Harrison Hot Springs B.C.
"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved" -John Wayne
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

Andy

Not the good ones.... [;)]

I am just trying to make him happy.  My bottle of Woodford Reserve does not say blended..I dont think...and it is probably the best bourbon out there!!  With a smokey flavor to boot[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

My bottle of Jim Beam has the word Bourbon....before whiskey...so it has a b as well.

manxman

Hi JJC,

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">ancient Gaelic word (help me out here Manxman, Muirhead, and others with some Gaelic background) for whisky is Usque Beatha, which means "water of life", which whisky definitely is! Usque Beatha morphed into usquebaugh, which was subsequently shortened to usky, which in English then became whisky<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

More or less spot on John, I asked a friend who is a keen whisk(e)y connoiseur, who also happens to like to sample my smoked cheese with his whisky!

Apparently usquebaugh is a transformation from uisge beatha (Scottish Gaelic) and uisce beatha (Irish Gaelic), both meaning "water of life" as you said. Uisgue/uisce became whisky (Scotland and Canada) or whiskey (Ireland and America)[:D][:D]Not quite sure of the history why one has an "e" and the other does'nt?

In Manx Gaelic the word whiskey is ushtey bea!

Another fact I did'nt know..... Scottish whisky has that smoky flavour but Irish Whiskey does'nt as there is no contact with smoke in the Irish version during production. The former is typically double distilled but the latter triple distilled.[:D][:D]

As for (b)lended whisky's, my mate treated this as a profanity and asked me to mind my language! [}:)]

Manxman.
Manxman

Andy

Ok, so I don't drink Scotch!! But I drink Bourbon...and Whiskey...and all the bottles of whiskey i have...Beam, Woodford Reserve and Makers Mark...Woodford is the best....have "B" on the label for Bourbon!

I guess this country boy moved up to a higher class of drinkin'[;)][:p]

Drink a man's drink or don't drink!![:p][:p][:p][;)][;)][;)]

PAsmoker

To be considered Bourbon whiskey, it's gotta be from Bourbon County, Kentucky.  JD, perhaps the most famous American whiskey, is not a bourbon, but a Tennesee sippin' whiskey.  Tastes the same, but classified differently.  

Manxman, I hate that "blended" word, too. My cousin is into Windsor Canadian blended whiskey, but I can't stand the stuff.
The Original PAsmoker

Oldman

Ok Maxaman seeing how you like to use fancy words (Scottish) translate this:<hr noshade size="1"><hr noshade size="1">

<b>mair ur less spot oan john, Ah speart a mukker fa is a keen whisk(e)y connoiseur, fa also happens tae loch tae sample mah smoked cheese wi' his watter o' life!

apparently usquebaugh is a transformation frae uisge beatha (scottish gaelic) an' uisce beatha (irish gaelic), baith meanin' "water ay life" as ye said. uisgue/uisce becam watter o' life (scotlain an' canada) ur whiskey (irelain an' america)not quite sure ay th' history wa a body has an "e" an' th' other does'nt?

in manx gaelic th' wuid whiskey is ushtey bea!

another fact Ah did'nt ken..... scottish watter o' life has 'at smoky flavoor but irish whiskey does'nt as thaur is nae contact wi' reek in th' irish version durin' production. th' former is typically dooble distilled but th' latter triple distilled.

as fur (b)lended whisky's, mah mucker treated thes as a profanity an' speart me tae min' mah leid!  

manxman</b>.<hr noshade size="1"><hr noshade size="1">

Tis what you said is it not???

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Oldman

While I'm having fun with words... let see if you understand this one:<hr noshade size="1"><hr noshade size="1"><b>While aam oan a roll... lit us tak' yer fowk, friends, an' bairns aw doon tae th' pup. lit us hae a piece ur tois, wi' a swally 'at is enaw fur aw tae gang aroond.

Then jiggin, an' foolin' aroond will come later as th' nicht goes oan... 'en in th' wee hoors we gie lucky!</b><hr noshade size="1"><hr noshade size="1">

Ok you give up? This what I said:<hr noshade size="1"><hr noshade size="1"><b>While I'm on a roll... let us take your family, friends, and children all down to the pup. Let us have a sandwich or two, with a beer that is enough for all to go around.

Then dancing, and fooling around will come later as the night goes on... then in the wee hours we get lucky!</b><hr noshade size="1"><hr noshade size="1">

Words can be fun~~!

Olds

manxman

Hi Olds,

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Tis what you said is it not???<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Aye it is my friend![:)]

You have got me intrigued and I have absolutely no idea what part of the world we are talking about! I first thought of the Black Country round Birmingham then Cockney!! [:I][:I]

Sure I am hopelessly wrong....... enlighten me mucker!![:D][8D]

Manxman.
Manxman

Oldman

Ya got to spam you once more LOL~~~!

<hr noshade size="1"><hr noshade size="1">manxman,

while i'm on a roll... let us take your family, friends, and saucepan lids aw daahhhn ter the pup. let us 'ave a sandwich or Bo-le Of Glue, wif a pigs ear that is in the buff for aw ter Scapa Fla 'round.

then freakin', and foolin' 'round will come mashed potato as the night goes on... then in the Bruce Lee 'ours we get lucky!<hr noshade size="1"><hr noshade size="1">This one is my favorite...it is Cocnkey Slang. It says the same as above. You got to love the term "saucepan lids." (Kids.)

Olds