I have a major problem!!

Started by Andy, April 30, 2005, 01:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manxman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">While I'm on a roll... let us take your family, friends, and children all down to the pup. Let us have a sandwich or two, with a beer that is enough for all to go around.

Then dancing, and fooling around will come later as the night goes on... then in the wee hours we get lucky!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Mmmmm...... probably got about half of that one![:D]Looks like we are on one of your pet subjects Raye, and you are running rings round me!![:D][:D]

Manxman.
Manxman

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Mmmmm...... probably got about half of that one!Looks like we are on one of your pet subjects Old, and you are running rings round me!!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> Heh he he ...words are my game of fun! Without words then life becomes just black and white... don't you agree?

The first one was ole Scottish Slang. The second one was Cocnkey Slang.  However, a great guess on your part... Most never even know about this type of talking. Tis truely a shame too! Such colorfull words for a person not to know is a loss unto themselves.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

manxman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Without words then life becomes just black and white... don't you agree?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

How true, I have certainly been intriqued this evening! Not even going to attempt to compete with you on this one, you win hands down!!! [;)]

Manxman.
Manxman

JJC

Geez, miss a night or two and you lose out on half an education!

Manx, I'm with you--I would have gotten about half of what Olds said--probably the half you didn't get, so between us we're just as accomplished as Olds [:D]

andy, I like your explanation . . . I think I can drink anything that starts with a B (any bourbon, beer, any scotch that starts with a B) or  has one of its main ingredients start with a B (like Barley, which entitles me to drink all the rest of the scotches).  I really like your logic [;)]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

manxman

Moghrey mie (good morning) Raye,

Could'nt let our little exchange yesterday pass without me setting you a bit of a challenge!!1[:D][:D]

So here goes (with the help of a friend):

The setting is "de cokes"!!

<i>Eh! Yew wid de ead!
Gissome loop de loop an a cob a chuck yiz. Aso, i'm spittin feathers, giss de Pope's phone please......
Fill yer boots wack!</i>

Dialect and translation if you can!!! Teh heh!! [:D][8D]

Manxman.
Manxman

Andy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by PAsmoker</i>
<br />To be considered Bourbon whiskey, it's gotta be from Bourbon County, Kentucky.  JD, perhaps the most famous American whiskey, is not a bourbon, but a Tennesee sippin' whiskey.  Tastes the same, but classified differently.  

Manxman, I hate that "blended" word, too. My cousin is into Windsor Canadian blended whiskey, but I can't stand the stuff.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

A few other things have to be done to consider Bourbon Bourbon....barrel types, flames and such.  JD is charcoal filtered...which means it cannot be bourbon by definition...Beam is bourbon whiskey...it does not meet all the criteria of bourbon either....but it is great mixed with Sprite or Tonic Water...1 part Sprit...3 parts Beam.  the old bourbon county actually was much larger..If I remember correctly it also went into Tennessee as well a bit...they modified the rules after proabition to Kentucky's new bourbon county...which is ok...becuase the best bourbons are small batch bourbons from that area...you can actually do a day tour of a bunch of them...which gets you plowed...The thing I like most about Bourbon...it is truly an american drink.  Very few beverages got there start here...and I like that.

RhinoDoc

I guess I will have to stick with ginb.

Anyway, back to the original problem, do what I do: smoke some jerky and take it with you on the boat when you go fishing. Best of both worlds!

Pete

Oldman

Well I will look into this more tomarrow. Now correct me if I'm wrong but is not the correct spelling: <b>Eh! Ye wid de ead!</b> instead of what your wrote: <b>Eh! Yew wid de ead!</b>

However if your spelling is correct a <b>Yew</b> is the Sacred Tree of Transformation and Rebirth that has survived since before the Ice Age!

Then again one could use that word in this context:
I'm calling for yew, manxman
I'm calling for yew

So before I sit here and knock myself out figuring out what you wrote are you sure of the spelling?

EDIT: I have to at least address this little part before I take my leave: <b>Fill yer boots wack!</b> To that I say: <b>May you also always have good health, and here's to you</b>--as I lift my glass to drink LOL!!!  

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

manxman

Hi Olds,

"Yew" is correct but I am not sure of the connection with the tree of the same name, may be used as "yews" - plural. "Yer" and "yiz" also used to mean the same.

"Fill yer boots wack" basically means good health my friend so in essence you are correct..... a good start!

A Manx (gaelic) phrase that I like is "traa-dy-liooar" which means "time enough", try to apply that when things get hectic in my life!![:)]

Manxman.
Manxman

Phone Guy

Try this. Just read it quickly.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Phone Guy</i>
<br />Try this. Just read it quickly.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Too funny but true~~!

Olds

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Phone Guy</i>
<br />Try this. Just read it quickly.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
[:D][:D][:D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

upinsmoke

Could we please have subtitles.