New Digital 6 Rack - Questions

Started by olorin, March 25, 2010, 06:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

classicrockgriller

olorin

But this is brand new. Should this happen with a brand new unit?

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Olorin

If it looks like the push plate is not retracting all the way this is probably caused by a stripped or worn out gear in the motor
this can happen when the feeder tube is not pushed all the way down to its stop.
If the tube is not pushed down all the way as the bisquettes slide down the tube they can catch that lip and hang up
this will cause the push plate to try and force a bisquette upwards instead of out, this strips the teeth on the gears.

I think you will need to replace the motor in your smoke generator,give the office a call on Monday
they can arrange to send you out a new motor.

Brian

Habanero Smoker

It is easy to see if the plate is retracting all the way. Without any bisquettes loaded, push the advance button. The plate should retract all the way back, since the problem does not occur all the time, I would hit the advance button several times; letting it cycle fully before pushing the advance button again.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

olorin

I definitely see a bit of the plate when it advances all the way backwards. That has to be the problem.

Caneyscud

Occassionally, I have somewhat the same problem.  I've been putting only 2 bubba pucks in and I don't seem to have the problem.  Probably a combination of the weight and a greater coefficient of friction (i.e. dirty bottom). 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

olorin

Finally had a chance to use the smoker again. I took the smoke generator apart and found that the red wire in there was on the other side of the other wires, near the advancer. I put the red wire with the other wires and secured it with a cable tie. Unit worked perfectly, and I used the 3 bubba pucks with no problem whatsoever. Made the best ribs my mother in law ever had.