Power jumper cord question

Started by Toker, March 28, 2010, 04:36:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toker

Hi i need an info please about the little cord that attach the smoke generator to the OBS tower, i think we call it power jumper cord extension but I'm not sure. It's not the digital wire it is for my OBS. I would like to find a longer one (about 6 FT). I know it exist but could someone tell me the name of it please so i can search for it. THX.

KevinG

Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Toker

Sorry KevinG i think you're mistaking. I'm not talking about this wire I'm talking about the short cable that goes into the OBS not the one for DBS. I think i found what i was looking for check this out :
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220551191266&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The one that comes with the smoker is about 3FT long, me I'm looking for a 6FT long for my cold smoke setup.

Tenpoint5

Toker I have the DBS so I'm not sure if I am comparing apples to oranges. I think the cord your talking about is just a regular computer power cord. I am guessing that you are hooking up a pid. I had to get a longer computer power cord to do hook mine up.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

Yes, that is what you are looking for.   Computer stores carry them as well, as that is the same cable to connect a monitor to a computer's power supply. (in the old days)

Toker

Yes!! ;D but with a female end instead of the regular 3 prongs i think. And yes Tenpoint5 it is for hooking with my pid you did see my plan  ;)

Habanero Smoker

The cord you need is commonly referred as a computer power cord extension or an IEC320 C13 to IEC320 C14 cord. I believe Radio Shack and Best Buy keeps them in stock.

Power Cord Extension

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)