Salmon Preparation Question

Started by MWS, April 13, 2005, 02:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsquared

MWS-glad to hear it worked out--it's always nice to treat those who appreciate your culinary efforts.
Kummok- Sounds like I've got some catching up to do! Put the bottom paint on today and I'll drop it in the water in Sooke tomorrow for the season. Can't fish every day like some lucky bums living la pesca vita but come July and August I'll be on the water steady. Supposed to be alot of 5 year springs this year--there's a 60 lber with  T2 on it!
 <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I prefer the oils dripping down to my elbow when I'm eating smoked salmon....King's the only one that will leave such a trail

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Now now now, don't be dissin' Mr. Sockeye.
Luck,
Tom

bighoof

Here is decent way, pain to pull pin bones, but good tutorial.http://salmonuniversity.com/ol_htfs_intro.html

Kummok

Good photos, especially of the "holding angle" to get those little rascals to stick out far enough to grab. I've used pliers and a few different types of surgical tools and have come to prefer plain old mechanic's small, curved, needle nose....gives me a little more surface area to grab onto the pin bones when I go diving in to grab them[:D] Wish I could find some that were stainless though...the pin bone pulling doesn't cause rust but the trip through the dishwasher sure does[xx(]

I DEFINITELY agree with the Salmon U guys that, once you start pulling them you won't serve up or give away salmon ANY other way!

P.S. to Tom.....got the boat wet yet?? If not, ya gotta get it in the water, race the engines, thrash the water a lot and scare some more feeder Kings up this way...it's starting to slow down a bit lately! [;)]

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

tsquared

Kummok--It's in the water as of last weekend but that's all I did--plunk it in,didn't have time to get out. Couldn't get away this weekend to use it as my wife was under the weather. Next weekend maybe--Tom
PS- Sing to them, Kummok.That will get them biting again. I expect they'll just roll over and surrender![:D]