Heating element, where to purchase?

Started by Smoke some, March 28, 2010, 06:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoke some

Heating element where to purchase?

I want to put a second heating element in my DBS, I live in south western Ontario.
Just wondering where everyone ordered their elements  from? 

smokeNcanuck

Smoke some, I think living in Canada the cheapest place to get a second element is to order directly from
Bradley. Another canadian member priced out all the necessary parts from a couple of suppliers and found
Bradley to be the cheapest, because they are in Canada.  Hope this helps.
sNc
Either Way....I'm Smoke'N It

Smoke some

Thanks for the info smokeNcanuck
I'll give them a call tomorrow :)

crestman

Quote from: smokeNcanuck on March 28, 2010, 06:32:44 PM
Smoke some, I think living in Canada the cheapest place to get a second element is to order directly from
Bradley. Another canadian member priced out all the necessary parts from a couple of suppliers and found
Bradley to be the cheapest, because they are in Canada.  Hope this helps.
sNc

Quote from: Smoke some on March 28, 2010, 07:03:40 PM
Thanks for the info smokeNcanuck
I'll give them a call tomorrow :)

Smoke some, did you find this to be correct? Located in SK, I'm looking to do this mod myself.

Thanks

oakville smoker

Lumpy did this a while ago and said the best place to source this was directly from Bradley out in BC
I keep talking about doing this but I have not bit the bullet yet
I must do it soon but I think I am getting a new 6 rack DBS for my birthday next month so I dont want to do this prematurely
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

Smoke some

Bradley was more then helpfull, received two new Heating elements a week
ago, nice to have a spare.
Just have to find the time to do the mod now. :)

lumpy

Any questions, just ask.
There are a handful of us that have converted.

Lump

Captainslug

I purchased most of my parts for the addition of a second element from Bradley in BC.  Super fast, helpful and excellent pricing.  I will not hesitate getting anything I need for my Bradley.  I'm like you now.... just need the time and space to get the job done.
Bradley Digital 4 Rack Smoker, 8 Std Racks, cold smoke adapter, 3 alum. pucks, 2nd element, circ. fan, Dual probe PID

queball

I found the mode easiest to do by buying a second deflector, That way you can install the element ahead of time and just do a quick swap and about 10 minutes to wire. ::)

Hightek

Hey guys. Just looked, cannot find a way to contact Bradley from the website to get a mod.

Habanero Smoker

Below is the contact information. You should also check dealers nearby to see if they sell parts.

Phone: Our phone lines are open 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CST Monday through Friday Customer Service
Toll Free: (866) 508-7514
Local: (309) 343-1124
Fax: (309) 343-1126
See more at: http://www.north-america.bradleysmoker.com/contact/#sthash.Ce17C501.dpuf

Yard & Pool carries about all the replaceable parts on the Bradley, but they are located in Maryland.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

renoman

Both Canadian Tire and Cabelas sell the heating element. If Bradley charges shipping you won't be saving much.

Hightek

Thanks guys. The factory element is 500 w, correct? Did I see right that there is a 900 w element?

TedEbear

Quote from: Hightek on April 06, 2014, 10:03:02 AM
Thanks guys. The factory element is 500 w, correct? Did I see right that there is a 900 w element?

Yes, but that is a mod that you'd have to also run a PID controller with. The Bradley was not designed to run more than the standard 500W element. 

There's also the dual 500W element mod.  Again, you need a PID controller to run it safely.

There are "how-to" instructions on doing either of the above if you're interested.  Modding your Bradley will void your warranty.

renoman

I modded my Bradley and they still backed my warrantee that was not related to the mod. Added the second element and had trouble with the micro switch which they replaced.