Turkey

Started by Rich_91360, April 06, 2010, 06:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich_91360

If I smoke a turkey on Wednesday and then wrap in saran wrap and foil, will it still be OK to serve on Saturday?  Don't know how long you can store refrigerated without losing flavor or worse getting sick.

Also best method to re warm

Thanks

FLBentRider

Quote from: Rich_91360 on April 06, 2010, 06:51:15 AM
If I smoke a turkey on Wednesday and then wrap in saran wrap and foil, will it still be OK to serve on Saturday?  Don't know how long you can store refrigerated without losing flavor or worse getting sick.

Also best method to re warm

Thanks

I would think that if fully cooked it should keep refrigerated at least a week.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

ArnieM

You're only talking 2-3 days of storage so it should be fine.  Keep it below 38oF.  If you can fit it in a large zip lock or even a pot and then into a cooler, put a bunch of ice in with it.

Did you ever wonder how long those turkey breasts have been sitting there in the deli counter  ???

My guess is the flavor might actually improve with a few days of 'aging'.

I'm not good at reheating.  It always comes out as, well, reheated.  I'd probably wrap tightly in foil with a little of your favorite liquid and heat at 275-300 until you're close to your desired serving IT.  Then, unwrap it and crank the oven up to 400-425 for 15 minutes or so to crisp up the skin some.  I'd likely do this even if I just took it out of the smoker.

Good luck.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.