Turkey Up

Started by oakville smoker, March 30, 2010, 09:19:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sodak

Followed the recipe I provided earlier to a "t" and this is what happened.  Took the stuff out of the smoker after about 12 hours total.  IT of everything was within a couple degrees of 160F.  Vacuum bagged this wonderful looking chicken for camping food later this month:

Here's the dinosaur leg and rolled breasts.  We are one rolled breast short because the third one provided much needed nourishment last night!  The breasts have been sliced into lunch meat and, along with the leg, have all been vac packed.  Don't worry Bears Fan, I'll bring you a sample tomorrow!

And here are the wonderful ladies of the evening.  One is frozen as we speak for camping food...the other, in the slow roaster today for the Easter dinner.  They don't have to be heated, obviously, but my wife (corporate) likes them served warm.  I cannot tell you all how juicy these things are!  No salty flavor.  Just a real nice flavor.  Again, see the recipe earlier in the thread.  I'm very curious to see how Oakville's turned out...

And finally, another dog made it through the back door on Saturday.  This one is my son's puppy...he named her Smokey!  Seems appropriate for the weekend activities!

Everything is good.  In more ways than one.  Hope everyone had a good Easter.

bears fan

Sodak,
I'll bring some of my weekend smokes and we can compare and swap notes.

oakville smoker

Sodak

You are the man !  this was amazing
Akk reviews from 9 guests were this is the BEST turkey I have ever eaten
19 pounds for 9 people and there is enough left for a couple of sammies and the carcass is now creating some soup

if you have not tried this all, this is the only way to make this birds !

Sorry, under the constraints of time, no pics
Carvng a bird, smashing taters, pumelling turnip and getting it all on the table, it was forgotten
A cardinal sin yes, but a damn fine dinner none the less
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

sodak

Thanks!  Glad you and your guests enjoyed.