Gardening Container Contest

Started by Oldman, April 04, 2010, 07:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

As many here know I make my own growth containers. Now I'm not the best craftsman in the world but my containers work. I use only food grade plastic containers.

From the article I write for our newsletter I have receive some nice E-mails. So I thought why not make  a growth container and put it up as a contest prize. If every few years a new clear coat of sealer is applied to it then the winners grandchildren's grandchildren will be able to grow their first plant in it.

On the underside of the container I will place the winner's initials and the date 2010. This way if the container is maintained as the generations of your family pass they all will know where the container came from.

This container is somewhat larger than the one in the newsletter. Below is an image of one next to the first one I showed.  The one in this image (one on the left)  is going to my Grandaughter.

Contest is through the month of April, 2010. Rules are simple. The closes person to the contest number wins the container. I will also include some of my enhanced compost to be mixed in your potting soil.

The spread on the numbers is 1 to 1000. All who hit the number or tie will receive a container. This contest is open to all; with no limitations as to where in the world you live.

Good Luck!
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

ronbeaux

The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

pensrock

Thanks for the contest Raye.  :)

My number is 363 or should I say "The winning number is 363."  ;D ;D ;D

tsquared

squirtthecat

983!   Great idea for a contest!

TTNuge

leftcoast smoker

Wild_Man

Slamdunk

Great idea ! Thanks for doing it !!

My birthday (month and day) 528.

KevinG

Since my mom always called me a little devil, I'll have to go with 666.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Smoke some

deb415611

manxman

546.......  thanks for the contest Raye.  :)
Manxman

Whatchasmokin

777......(I'm from Vegas) Nice prize!!
The time to hesitate is through............James Douglas Morrison

lophole