Weekend wings

Started by OU812, April 09, 2010, 09:50:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

Did up 10 lb of wings this weekend, they turned out better than my pictures. Someone changed the settings on the camera, thats my story and I'm stickin to it. Some of these will hurt your eyes if you stare to long.

1 hr into it I did the front to back top to bottom thing.

Total 2 hr with Apple smokin the whole time and the cabnet temp at 250 F

Put the lid on placed in the cooler with plenty towels and headed to the party then finished off on the grill. I brought 3 different kinds of hot sauce and 2 different kinds of BBQ sauce, not one bottle was opened.

We also had pulled pork sammies, cheese brats, burgers, smoked chicken cheese dip with penos and some sausage balls (thanks Tommy)

The kids supplied all the fixins and the old man did all the cookin. Even used my old grill that I gave them.

It was a good time with some good food, I even caught a good buzz.  ;D

FLBentRider

Looks good OU.

One of your pics has got that jimmy hendrix thing going on.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

classicrockgriller

Sounds like a fun time was had by all.

Family time is a good time.

pensrock

SnellySmokesEm

Good Looking Wings!  Skin looks pretty crispy with the ES turned up to 250.
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

OU812

Quote from: SnellySmokesEm on April 09, 2010, 01:09:49 PM
Good Looking Wings!  Skin looks pretty crispy with the ES turned up to 250.

Almost crisp outta the smoker, takes just a few min on the grill and there perfect.

You can eat them right out of the smoker and the skin is not like rubber.

Whatchasmokin

Those look great. Now just need beer and a football game!
The time to hesitate is through............James Douglas Morrison

ronbeaux

Man I like wings!!!  Looking good!
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

lumpy

I musta dipped to much into the sauce this afternoon cause the pictures look great to me :D

Lump

Tenpoint5

Nothing better than a little quality time with the family!! Wings look great Curt.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ArnieM

The wings look good OU.  I love 'em any way I can get 'em.  Someday I have to figure out how to get my OBS up to 250.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

bozer

Looks so good. I'm going to try these today.

My plan is to follow your steps, then put them in the fridge. Then after work tomorrow night all I need to do is warm them up on the grill for a bit.

OU812

Quote from: bozer on April 11, 2010, 12:03:23 PM
Looks so good. I'm going to try these today.

My plan is to follow your steps, then put them in the fridge. Then after work tomorrow night all I need to do is warm them up on the grill for a bit.

Be sure to let us know how they turn out.

Taby and I had a couple pounds for lunch yesterday finished off in the Big Easy, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good.

db14

No sauce necessary?  Very nice!  Did you season them or cure them?  I would be interested to hear what you had on them if you're willing to share.  I have been thinking about doing this, but since I'm not a sauce man I wasn't sure what kind of flavor to go with.  Normally I would just bread and fry them, but where's the fun in that?

OU812

db, if you look at the first two pictures thats all I seasoned them with one side with the Louisina wing seasoning and the other side with the Cajun shake and no sauce wile they were in the smoker eather.

Did some wings this weekend the same way, but finished in the Big Easy, for lunch and used Bad Brians Butt Rub.

The sauce is on the side if you want it at my place.