4 hr limit on smoke generator?

Started by trapperbruce, April 17, 2010, 10:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trapperbruce

I've just got a new auber pid for my bds6 smoker and am in process of hooking it up ..my question is  the smoke generator only has a limit of 4 hr .do i have to reprogram it every 4 hrs  or is there a way to  bypass this?  i know its been discused before and i read it  but i didn't care then cause i didn't  have one ..and now i cant find where it was discussed
                                                                                                              thanks for any help
                                                                                                                    <'))))><  bruce
<'))))><  bruce

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: trapperbruce on April 17, 2010, 10:26:17 AM
I've just got a new auber pid for my bds6 smoker and am in process of hooking it up ..my question is  the smoke generator only has a limit of 4 hr .do i have to reprogram it every 4 hrs  or is there a way to  bypass this?  i know its been discused before and i read it  but i didn't care then cause i didn't  have one ..and now i cant find where it was discussed
                                                                                                              thanks for any help
                                                                                                                    <'))))><  bruce

Are you sure just 4 hours?

My 6 rack smoke gen goes to 9 hrs 20 mins.

But to answer your question the PID only runs the heating element not the gen.

trapperbruce

Are you sure just 4 hours?

My 6 rack smoke gen goes to 9 hrs 20 mins.

But to answer your question the PID only runs the heating element not the gen.

duh...do i feel stupid now ..when i turn on my generator it starts off at 4hr..i gathered it was at max time ....never thinking i could increase the value  (9 hrs 40 min) ..i made sure i was around in 4 hrs to restart it....and yes my pid runs the element ..i just wondered about the smoke element  going off in 4 hrs....thanks ( i think i could walk underneath a pregnant ant right now)  <')))))><  bruce
<'))))><  bruce

pensrock

Bruce, I rarely smoke over three hours the rest of the time is just cooking. Are you planning to smoke over four hours? NEPAS has you straightened out on setting the timer, I was just wondering what you plan to smoke for that long.  ???

Smoke some

Don't feel bad trapperbruce, I thought the same thing as you did,
only four hours, must have a defective machine.
finally figured it out ( push set time, push arrow up) DUH
it's a lot easier on the long smokes  ::)

Im sure i banged my head on the same ant your talking about ;D

Quote from: pensrock on April 17, 2010, 02:33:25 PM
I was just wondering what you plan to smoke for that long.  ???

I leave the smoke generator on for the extra heat

trapperbruce

Bruce, I rarely smoke over three hours the rest of the time is just cooking. Are you planning to smoke over four hours? NEPAS has you straightened out on setting the timer, I was just wondering what you plan to smoke for that long.  ???

thanks for the reply  pensrock..  I'm about to smoke a ham at 21 lbs  and the smoke time is 4 hr (habanero smokers " smoked cured ham" minus the juniper berries) and didn't know what to do if i wanted a bit more smoke ..chances are ill never use more than 4 hrs of smoke..just panicked  when i thought i wasn't able to do more smoke time
<'))))><  bruce

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: trapperbruce on April 17, 2010, 04:19:33 PM
Bruce, I rarely smoke over three hours the rest of the time is just cooking. Are you planning to smoke over four hours? NEPAS has you straightened out on setting the timer, I was just wondering what you plan to smoke for that long.  ???

thanks for the reply  pensrock..  I'm about to smoke a ham at 21 lbs  and the smoke time is 4 hr (habanero smokers " smoked cured ham" minus the juniper berries) and didn't know what to do if i wanted a bit more smoke ..chances are ill never use more than 4 hrs of smoke..just panicked  when i thought i wasn't able to do more smoke time

You have to use the juniper berries!!!  :)  Just joking. I hope you try the glaze, I feel that is a winner; whether you use the maple sugar or brown sugar.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Ketch22

Welcome Bruce and don't feel bad I did the same thing. ::)

Smokin Soon

My digital 4 rack smoke gen is 4 hours also. The oven is 9:40. Using an Auber eliminates the oven limits.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Smokin Soon on April 18, 2010, 07:27:41 PM
My digital 4 rack smoke gen is 4 hours also. The oven is 9:40. Using an Auber eliminates the oven limits.

What!

They didn't make one special for you.

You have to push the ^ or v buttons after you press the "Smoker Timer Set"

Second button on left.

If you wait too long, you have to press it again. ;D

I was kidding, I know you know how to run your smoker.

Did you ever let Bradley know of your troubles?

Smokin Soon

No problem CRG, I rarely need any more than 4 hours of smoke on anything, but it will not go higher than that. A few times I have wanted the additional heat without the smoke, but I plan to add the second Bradley element as some members have.

trapperbruce

[You have to use the juniper berries!!!  :)  Just joking. I hope you try the glaze, I feel that is a winner; whether you use the maple sugar or brown sugar.

i did a small ham about a month ago  and used the glaze then too it is really good  thanks habanero

<'))))><   bruce
<'))))><  bruce

pensrock

Habs, I have a tiny ham and would like to try a good glaze on it. Any suggestions? I do have some maple sugar.

Habanero Smoker

Hi Pens;

The ingredients to the glaze I like is posted in the following recipe. The glazing instructions are in the roasting directions, but you can apply it the way you apply you usually apply your glaze.

Smoked Cured Ham

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

pensrock

Thanks Habs, that looks great, I'll cut it to about 1/3 of the recipe, I have a very small ham to do this weekend. Can't wait.  :)