New Auber WSD-1201CPH Programmed for Kummoks salomon?

Started by OTB, April 16, 2010, 06:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OTB

Just received my new dual probe PID from Auber today.  I know the single probe comes programmed already for Kummok's salmon, but in the directions on the cd that came with this one, it seems to state different.

Anyone know for sure?

I believe it is supposed to be set to 120°F for 1.5 hour of smoking, rise to 132°F for 2.5 hours and finish at 175°F for 1 hour

Does that translate into:
C01   120    t    1.5       
C02   132    t    2.5           
C03   175    t    1.0           
C04  blank
C05  blank
Co6  blank

Second Question...the directions that came with it state to connect as follows:
For the Bradley Digital Smoker, both controller and smoker generator should be
connected directly to the wall outlet. Connect the controller output with smoker tower

I assume this is because it is the dual probe?

This is different that is posted on the recipe site:
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=672

Toker

The first part of your post is right for the settings. And as far as the other part all i can say, you don't need to plug the smoke gen into the pid because it is build in timer unlike the OBS. That is why we plug it directly into the wall and of course the pid should be plug into the wall.

HawkeyeSmokes

Hi OTB,

The setting you posted for your dual probe are correct for Kummok's Salmon.

And for connecting to a DBS, plug the PID into an outlet, then plug the tower into the PID. The directions on the recipe site are the same as you stated. The smoke generator needs to plugged into the outlet with it's own cord. If you didn't order an extra cord for the DBS, you can also use a computer cord.

The single and dual probe both connect the same way.

Hope this helps and let me know if you any questions.
HawkeyeSmokes

OTB

Thanks for the info.  Good thing I got lots of computer cords laying around.

Sorry for being confused about the hookup.

I assume there is no reason to run the tuning program unless I need to.  I have a 4 rack DBS.

HawkeyeSmokes

Using the Auto-Tune is optional. If your happy with the temp control. then don't run it. But it's pretty easy and for me, it helped.
HawkeyeSmokes

Toker

Unless you added a 2ND elements and a fan, then i would run autotune

OTB

Quote from: toker on April 16, 2010, 06:48:02 PM
Unless you added a 2ND elements and a fan, then i would run autotune

did you mean "would" or "wouldn't" ?

I have not added a second element or a fan.

Toker

If you did not,(i meant in case you did) you don't need to do it unless it is not accurate as much as you would like. If it's accurate enough, just don't do it. Because the pid is calibrated for 1 element.

OTB

Thanks toker.  I will not plan on running it unless I need to.

Rich_91360

Saw a diagram previously for setting up an Auber dual probe on this site but can now not locate.  Would appreciate someone providing link to graphic

Thanking you in advance

OTB

If I am doing salmon, and don't need to monitor the meat temp, do I still need to connect the meat probe?  Seems to me if the probe is not connected it will give H code.

Toker

Rich go there http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=672&highlight=Auber

OTB YES the pid will work only with smoker probe as long as you set it only with the time and no f settings.

Rich_91360