A Tenpoint5 Ham

Started by Tenpoint5, April 19, 2010, 08:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Let the Games Begin!!!

As of 5pm CST the ham entered the Bradley for a 12 hour sauna at 120* Vent wide open. We have all seen a chunk of meat hanging in a net so no picture yet besides it just like the ones above only hanging inside the Bradley. I will take some pics in the morning when I start up the smoke generator.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

NO PICTURES .......... NO COMMENTS! ;D

Tenpoint5

Quote from: classicrockgriller on April 23, 2010, 05:10:29 PM
NO PICTURES .......... NO COMMENTS! ;D
Do you mean I finally found a way to make the Smoking Monkey Speachless!!!!! Will have to remember that for sure  ;D ;D

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tenpoint5

Fired up the smoke generator this morning at about 4:50 am. The cabinet temp was holding steady at 120* (The Auber PID is doing it's job) The IT of the Ham was 96*. This is what she looks like hanging in there. Will take another pic in 8 hours when the smoke stops rolling.

classicrockgriller

That does look nice Chris.

I'll try to be less vocal in the future.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: classicrockgriller on April 24, 2010, 10:03:16 AM
That does look nice Chris.

I'll try to be less vocal in the future.
If you did that then you wouldn't be you!!

Tenpoint5

Well as promised here is a pic after absorbing 8 hours of Hickory the IT is currently at 118*

KevinG

So another 4 hours no smoke?
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Tenpoint5

Whatever time it takes to get to 150-152* IT Hope it is only 4 hours

Tenpoint5

27 hours and I ran out of Beer IT is only 139* I am calling it at 148* Or when the Whiskey kicks in and I start nodding off.

squirtthecat

Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! Go!

KevinG

How the heck can you run out of beer after only 27 hours? Sheesh! Some peoples children.  ;D

KevinG

Oops, almost forgot, guess now's not a good time to tell you, but my pigs been done over an hour ago now.  ;D

Tenpoint5

Error Momma had a fresh 30 pack in the van knowing I was gonna have a long day. Seems to help some since in the past hour the IT has climbed to 145. I aint liking the looks of the outside of the ham starting to get White almost as if the salts are being drawn out of it and creating a crust/bark on the ham. We will see

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: KevinG on April 24, 2010, 07:07:20 PM
How the heck can you run out of beer after only 27 hours? Sheesh! Some peoples children.  ;D

One good reason to keep a smoking log! This could have been prevented.

:D
HawkeyeSmokes