Excited Newbie

Started by jfgardner4, April 22, 2010, 12:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kbranden

Hello Everyone..

I'm responding to this forum post because this individual was a neighbor and great friend of mine, jfgardner4. Bringing terrible news, this friend of mine passed away 2 months ago at the early age of 44. Earlier today, his wife told me that John would have wanted me to have his smoker. Perhaps it was because ever since this purchase of his, I couldn't step outside in our neighborhood and not smell the wonderfull smell of meat being smoked. Several times he tried to get me to buy one, but my response was 'John, why do I need one when you have one!?'.. and sure enough, everytime he would fire it up, he would call me to go get something to smoke because he had the room. I'm not really sure why I am conveying this on the forum here, but I remembered John telling me one day that he found a very helpfull forum that was very informative and when I read his posts here, I could tell this is the one he was talking about.

One thing John and I loved to do as neighbors was grill out and eat some great food. Sometimes I think that smoker might have been to trumph my outdoor paver patio with a built in grill pit that a built last year. lol..

Anyways, John will be missed and I hope to carry on his love for cooking good food. I know that's what he would want.  So, expect to see me around here.. lots to learn. :)

SoCalBuilder

Condolences to you and John's family.

wyoduke

Sorry for the loss of your friend , glad you found the site.
1 OBS
1 BRINKMAN
1 ROYAL JOKE
1 Smoke Daddy
1 Brinkman smoker grill
1 Green Mountain Grill

DTAggie

Very sorry to hear about the loss of a friend at such a young age.  Glad you are continuing to smoke with the Bradley.  This is a great place and feel free to ask any question any time.

Habanero Smoker

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend and a fellow forum member. My condolences to you and his family.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

beefmann

sorry to hear of your  friends passing, warm wishes to your friend and his family

OU812

I am very, very sorry to here about the loss of your friend and a member of this great forum.

I know how you feel, I lost my partner in crime 7-10-10, a day I will never forget.

He was only 34.

I was the one with the smoker, he was the one coming over and drinking my beer.  ;D

Now lets smoke/cook something.

Shasta bob

So sorry for your lost, welcome to your new legacy
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

FLBentRider

Sorry for your loss - Welcome aboard.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

classicrockgriller

Am sorry to hear about the loss of a friend and a Forum member.

If we can help in any of your smoking adventures, just ask.

kbranden

Thanks everyone for the welcomes!

GusRobin

please pass on our condolences to his family. Welcome and feel free to ask any questions you may have
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

jiggerjams

Never easy to hear of someone experiencing a loss of someone especially when so young. All the best to you and yours in this time of sorrow.

The positive is you found this forum and will make new friends here guaranteed.