New 6 Rack & Custom cart

Started by queball, April 07, 2010, 11:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

queball

Got my new 6 rack & built a custom cart to hold it. It's all seasoned waiting for first smoke dual burner installed. Thanks to a large fire in my propane smoker ???

, I'm thinking chicken. :D

KevinG

That's a good looking cart you got. It doesn't get too wobbly does it?
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

aces-n-eights

Cool!  An ATS... All Terrain Smoker...  I like it!
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

OU812

I can sorta remember when my 6 rack looked like that.  ::)

Cool cart, hope those casters lock, would hate to see your smoker rollin away.

KevinG

I think we need to strap on a small block V8 to that thing.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Tenpoint5

cool cart. I am curious though about how a second burner came about from a propane smoker? the two parts dont mix well together.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

queball

Let me re-phrase that, ??? I installed a 2nd element in the new 6 rack. No the cart is not wobbly at all, I built a similar cart for my 4 rack without the shelf for the biscuits. Really easy to move around :D

lumpy

Gotta love that alm. checker plate.

Nice looking cart...........I like the idea of strapping a small block to it ;D

Lumpy

queball

I was thinking more along the line of a small refrigerator to keep the beer cold well smoking. ;D

Quarlow

I think he meant that his propane bradley burned up so he got the DBS and added a second burner right away.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Ketch22

ArnieM

Nice looking setup queball!  But, if you add a fridge, I'd go for a big block  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

queball

Since I posted this I have now added a 3" fan to my smoker sacrificing the bottom rack. This is Ok with me to try and get the temperature difference leveled out some about 50 degrees top to bottom. ??? For all you considering this, It's a lot easier than the posts make it sound. 8)