Author Topic: Door Seal  (Read 5322 times)

Offline Quarlow

• Member Extraordinaire
  • Is Y'all one word or two?
Re: Door Seal
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 03:20:13 pm »
Just my two cents but I would also say you had a fire. My brother in law had a fridge smoker that caught fire and the damage to the door and seal on yours looks exactly the same.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Offline queball

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 03:55:37 pm »
That seems to be the conscientious, This was done over night & when I checked it in the morning the water tray was empty no burn marks. I can only go with the suggestions from the forum the V tray was not plugged but was heavily coated with drippings.

Offline Quarlow

• Member Extraordinaire
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 05:55:17 pm »
Just chalk it up to the learning curve. You are not the first one and like won't be the last. I came very close once and it was in the daytime when I was awake. No harm no foul. Well the seal was harmed but thats all. Smoke on buddy.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

Offline queball

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 07:02:27 pm »
Like you said I'll chalk that up as a learning experience, Just won't get a good nights sleep next time either. This won't stop me, The new seals on the way already. :)

Offline Quarlow

• Member Extraordinaire
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 10:18:43 pm »
Most guys do a middle of the night check, but they usually don't sleep well. The smokin' monkey just stays up till total exhuasting puts him out then takes a brief nap.

OBS
BBQ