Self refilling water tray?

Started by queball, April 27, 2010, 10:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

I think I'll just add water as required.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

queball

Come on it was just a thought, :o We add everything else. Why not something like this. More time for the liquid beverages. :P

Quarlow

Why not use silicone tubing and just feed it threw the vent. It won't burn.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ArnieM

I've said it before but still find it interesting.  People buy a kitchen range, plug it in and use it.  Same for a TV, microwave, blender, stereo, etc.  But, get a Bradley smoker and out come the drills, reciprocating saws, high-temp wire, dual turbo fans, extra heating elements.  Not to mention a self filling water bowl  ;D  What is it with us  ??? ???
-- Arnie

DarqMan

Like classicrockgriller suggested, I purchased a pack of these:

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=200080&navAction=

If the load is small, I put it on the botom rack and still have the upper three racks for food.  Not only does it provide plenty of moisture, but it catches the drips so the v-tray doesn't become a mess.

I'll have to admit though, a self refilling tray is an interesting idea.... just not for me.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

queball

Ok, I'll throw in the towel since I feel like Rocky after his fight with Clubber Lang and give this idea up. ???

jiggerjams

Sorry DarqMan your link did not work for me. Tried twice,

JJ

ArnieM

Quote from: queball on April 27, 2010, 08:38:58 PM
Ok, I'll throw in the towel since I feel like Rocky after his fight with Clubber Lang and give this idea up. ???

Don't give it up queball.  You have a dream.  Pursue it.
-- Arnie

DarqMan

Arnie is right.... Build it and they will come.  LOL
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.