People stealing out of my garden.

Started by Oldman, April 29, 2010, 04:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Well times are hard here. And good folks who need to feed their children etc. are forced into doing things that under normal times they would never do.

As I told Susan, we can always go to the store and purchase more onions...

This past week my Loquat tree that produces about 3000 fruits per years has been stripped down to about 500 fruits left.

We have not had to lay off anyone and we have a few bucks in the bank so if my garden helps feed the hungry then so be it. I just feel so sorry for the person who took the catnip.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

ArnieM

There's an old farm here in town.  They used to put a table out by the road with produce, prices and a box to put your money in; help yourself to change if you need it.  I went there one summer and the table and all was gone.

I went back the next year to do a photo shoot and got the owner's permission.  I asked what happened to the table and all.  He said "Someone stole all of the produce and the money box.  Probably city folk.  I don't do it anymore."

A few pics of the place.

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Oldman on April 29, 2010, 10:24:27 AM
Well times are hard here. And good folks who need to feed their children etc. are forced into doing things that under normal times they would never do.

As I told Susan, we can always go to the store and purchase more onions...

This past week my Loquat tree that produces about 3000 fruits per years has been stripped down to about 500 fruits left.

We have not had to lay off anyone and we have a few bucks in the bank so if my garden helps feed the hungry then so be it. I just feel so sorry for the person who took the catnip.

Olds

Maybe they had a cat in need too. ;D

OU812

Cool pictures Arnie.

The front step in the first pic is kinda neat and the last pic looks like the place I turkey hunt.

Kinda reminds me of home.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: 3rensho on April 29, 2010, 08:37:10 AM
Had some Asian friends who lived in SF.  They had a problem with someone stealing fruit from their trees.  Simple solution.  Dig punji pit.  Add cover that a cat can't break thru but a human can.  Wait.  After a week the cover was broken thru and some sticks were bloody.  End of problem.   ;D ;D

You can't set b-o-o-b-y traps in New York. If a trespasser gets injured by the trap, you may as well sign your deed over to him/her, plus hand over all your banking account numbers. :'(

Edited:

I didn't think that word would be censored. ;D

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

OU812

No b o o b y traps in Nebraska eather.

ArnieM

Heck, if a burglar attempts a break in here and gets injured on the property, they can sue the homeowner.

The censor has to be brought up to date  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

FLBentRider

Quote from: ArnieM on April 29, 2010, 02:22:48 PM
Heck, if a burglar attempts a break in here and gets injured on the property, they can sue the homeowner.

Only if they survive.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Oldman

Thank God I live in a right to shoot first state.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

classicrockgriller

They had the case here of someone breaking into a neigbors house and the man next door watched them do it.

He grad his shotgun and waited for them to come out of his neighbors house and got them both.

When they interview him he said he told them to stop.

He was ask if he yell Stop?

He said NO, I said stop and I didn't say it very loud!

Charges were never pressed.

Tenpoint5

Yeah but the Hot wire is used to keep the Raccoons out of the sweet corn It aint my fault he pee'd all over himself when he stepped into it trying to steal my produce.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tiny Tim

Well, Ten...I don't know if it'd be illegal anyway.  If it is, I had a very cool Deputy doing the investigation when my store got broken into.  They took out a small window, and had to climb over a bunch of rebar in a bucket (standing up), and there were a couple of "Scythe" type tools right in that area that they could have impaled themselves on.  He was amazed that there wasn't a trail of blood from that window up to the glass door (interior) that they broke out, and back to the back room again.

Granted, I didn't put them there with the intent to injure an intruder, but that's beside the point.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Oldman on April 29, 2010, 04:58:56 PM

Thank God I live in a right to shoot first state.

Raye

Incoming fire has the right of way  :D  :D

Habanero Smoker

TT;

A b-o-o-b-y trap is something to intentionally harm someone, and that is the key. In the example I gave, if that same person trespassed and got injured climbing over the fence, then the home owner has no liability.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Oldman

I will never forget this job. It was back in 1987. I was doing pest control. The man who lived there had a wall of cactus plants -- 3 or 4 feet thick totally around his entire home. The only place that did not have this wall was his front door. As he said he did not have to worry much about anyone breaking into his home.

This is the type of cactus he had: