Biscuit advance stuck

Started by trout, March 09, 2004, 03:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trout

The last couple times I used my smoker, the biscuit advance button has been a bit sticky.  This morning it stuck in for good.  What I finally did to get it to pop out again was to spray it with some food grade silicone that I use to spray down my meat grinder.  Now it works very freely. [:D] Did this button get sticky from the smoke residue[?]

Let your trout go and smoke a salmon instead.

trout

Talk about great customer support.  I have had problems a few times with my smoke generator working for a couple hours then stops feeding biscuits.  If I manually feed one, then it will start feeding every 20 minutes again.  Finally called Bradley today, and they are sending me a new unit.[:D][:D][:D]

Let your trout go and smoke a salmon instead.

Chez Bubba

Trout,

I doubt the advance button got sticky from smoke residue unless when you smoke you consistently see smoke flowing out of the smoke generator. This happens when you have the top vent either widely open on a windy day, or fully closed.

If you do see smoke flowing out of the generator, it will "do it's magic" just like it will to the door seal. That's why I recommend you wipe off the door seal & face of the smoker after smoking. That black stuff on the inside is great seasoning, but also makes for a very effective glue.

After a lot of use, it's also a good idea to take the generator apart & clean out the "clinging chads" from the bisquettes. It's kind of amazing how they can buid up over time & hamper the function of the generator.

Glad to hear they took care of you, they're good at that. Hopefully they let you keep your old one, never know when a spare part might come in handy.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?