Anniversary Dinner - Saturday

Started by ArnieM, May 02, 2010, 04:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

My #1 daughter's 8th.  I looked around for ideas and this is what I ended up with.  Sorry for the lack of pics, kinda busy.

Appetizer:  Stuffed avocados.  Recipe from here and don't be afraid of adding a little cayenne.  http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Stuffed-Avocado-California-Style-Pseudo-Sushi-161198

Beef tenderloin.  I had a 1.75 pound hunk.  That got one hour of cool oak on Friday and put back into the fridge wrapped up tight in plastic.  It was supposed to be four people but turned to be five.  It worked.

Made the horseradish cream sauce  for the beef suggested by BuyLowSellHgh (Eric).  I think my horseradish root was there since the store opened.  It was kinda bland. Added about 1/2 tsp of Wasabi powder at the end.  Came out good.

Gave it a light coating of S&P and ancho powder.  Put the beef in the oven on Low-n-Slow and pulled it at 125.  The smoker was busy with bacon.  Put some potatoes into a 500 degree oven to bake.  Added the beef toward the end to crisp it up and bring it up to 135-140.

Also did these: http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?64-Green-Bean-Bundles.  I did about 12 "bean bundles" for 5 people and they all disappeared.  Good stuff.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

BuyLowSellHigh

Drool!  Sounds outstanding!  Good work, Arnie.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

classicrockgriller

Nice job Arnie.

Bet daughter and hubby were very Happy.

ArnieM

Believe me, you gotta try the green beans.  Hey, with bacon?  Even Habs might like 'em.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

DarqMan

Oh man.. I'm hungry for a late night snack after reading this post. 
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

KevinG

Happy Anniversary!
Good job Arnie!
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG