Rib reheat help needed

Started by KyNola, May 03, 2010, 07:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

OK boys and girls, I am going to smoke some ribs on Saturday for my Mother-in law for Mother's Day lunch on Sunday.  Can you help me with proper reheating techniques that won't dry these ribs out?  I thought about vac sealing and then reheating in a hot water bath.  Any thoughts pro or con?

KyNola 

Tenpoint5

Larry,
If you will have access to a grill at the shindig. I would pull them out of the Mak prior to them being finished. Then wrap in foil with a spritz of AJ or Bourbon and finish in foil packs on the grill at the shindig.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

DarqMan

I agree, I reheat my ribs wrapped in foil and they always come out tasty.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

KyNola

Thanks guys.  Chris, I'll definitely have access to a grill as MIL is coming to my house so the name of my grill is MAK! :D  Got an estimate on how long and what grill temp to use to finish?  How long would you go on the initial smoke/cook on Saturday so I don't screw this up?  Jan will be really mad if I mess this up and Chris I'm blaming it all on you! :D ;)

KyNola

hal4uk

Just a crazy (untried idea)...

Take a foil half-pan with some hot apple juice, etc...
Bring the MAK up to temp with the pan on the grill...
Then lay a grate over that, place the ribs on, cover loose with foil...
That way, ya get the steamy goodness and fresh smoke/heat...
Roll 'em over once or twice on the grill surface before serving.
I dunno...
Just thinkin' out loud...  ;D
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Tenpoint5

I have used 250ยบ for 20-30 mins to bring up to temp. If you was closer I have a product I am testing right now that would be perfect and I would let you use it. I used it to heat up a brisket in a foil pan and it worked great on the gasser.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Habanero Smoker

I generally will just flash heat them on the grill, about 2 -5 minutes on each side (depending on thickness), just prior to serving. I first place them meat side down, and if I'm going to add sauce I will do it at this time.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

KevinG

I've been re-heating mine in the oven at about 325 for 1/2 hour wrapped in foil with some apple juice. Some of the sauce will settle out, but it's not too bad and the ribs are moist.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

KyNola

Thank you for all of your suggestions.  I appreciate it.

db14

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on May 04, 2010, 02:04:40 AM
I generally will just flash heat them on the grill, about 2 -5 minutes on each side (depending on thickness), just prior to serving. I first place them meat side down, and if I'm going to add sauce I will do it at this time.
This is similar to what a lot of restaurants do.

I typically wrap in foil and throw them in the fridge.  To reheat I leave them in the foil and put them in the oven at about 250-300F for about 20 minutes.  You could do the same on the grill.