Maverick732 Died

Started by RedJada, May 03, 2015, 06:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedJada

Yesterday my 732 died half way through a pork belly. I had just installed new batteries in both units. When I looked at the remote it had a blank display. Went and looked to the main base on the smoker and it also had a blank display and the red light was on. Turned off and back on, removed/replaced the batteries and now help. So, figuring the temp censer on the Bradly runs about 15-20 degrees hotter than it actually is, I manage to get the belly done.

So, figuring I need a new Maverick. Today I am looking at the 733 and see there is now a 735. Anyone have the 735 and how do you like it? Is the blue tooth worth it?

beefmann

i do have the tappecue device that  is similar to the 735 though it is  done over the  internet rather then  bluetooth and has  similar apps. if you  are thinking of  getting it.. i would say go for it and enjoy

RedJada

The biggest issue I see with the 735 is that direct line of site. As with the 732/733 I can place the remote censer next to my couch/bed and monitor temps. Going to have to look at the tappecue.

beefmann

the nice thing about the tappacue is it is dome through wifi, and can be  checked through any  wifi connection...  even 20  miles ( or  further  ) away.. along  with  android and apple apps