Stand for (Digital) Bradley Smoker?

Started by BUFF2Bus, May 05, 2010, 07:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BUFF2Bus

OK, I'm brand new to this forum.  Just used the way-cool Digital Bradley Smoker for the 2nd time.  However, I had to stand on my head (almost) to read the timer/temp settings.  Does anyone have a good source for a stand upon which to elevate my smoker?  I'm thinking something about 18-24" tall, sturdy, and non-flammable.  :o  Already tried a standard (heavy plastic) milk crate, but not quite big enough.  (And yes I understand there is a risk of the smoker falling over).  Next time, I might try my table for Dutch ovens--but that may be too tall.  Ideas out there?  Thanks in advance--Andy in MS       
Fly the aircraft--first, last, and always.

classicrockgriller

My Dutch oven table isn't deep enough I don't think.

Don't be scared puttin the Bradley on a wood table.

It won't catch it on fire.

A cple of people have bought the cart from Sam's that rolls around. (like $50)

I like mine close to the same height as a kitchen cabinet 30 to 32".

ArnieM

I use an old wood coffee table.  It's 48" wide so I have some working room on the left.  No, it won't catch on fire.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

squirtthecat

Ditto to above.  The Bradley doesn't get hot enough to worry about catching the table on fire.

Here is my setup.  That was an old cabinet from a coworker's kitchen remodeling project.

OU812

I started of with my smoker on a cart, got this one from Menards. With this cart you will have to turn the top shelf over so you can open the door.

Got tired of movin it around to get out of the wind, then when the wind shifted and blew it over, with a full load in it. I made a home for the smoker. We are both happy now.

A place for everything and aint no crappy weather goin to stop me from smokin.

BUFF2Bus

Great input, folks--and awesome pictures.  Very cool hooded vent in the garage!  So my next house/garage will be built around the gun vault AND the smoker room!  ;D  Thanks much--Andy
Fly the aircraft--first, last, and always.

OU812

Quote from: BUFF2Bus on May 06, 2010, 07:26:46 AM
So my next house/garage will be built around the gun vault AND the smoker room!  ;D 

You gotta have your priorities.  :D

KevinG

One of these days, I'll build a home for mine. I carry it in and out of the house everytime I want to smoke. I guess it helps me stay in shape anyhow.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

OU812

I stay in shape goin from the house to the shed, its 40 yards one way.

jiggerjams

STC: Is the outdoor shed you are using water tight? I have been considering one of those.

squirtthecat

Quote from: jiggerjams on May 07, 2010, 12:49:25 PM
STC: Is the outdoor shed you are using water tight? I have been considering one of those.

It's pretty tight, yes.   I've never had water get inside yet.

This is the model I am using.    99 bucks is about what I paid for mine on sale.

jiggerjams

Good deal. Ha Sears want $229 here. I may pick one up next week when I am in Michigan. Thanks for the heads up.

squirtthecat

It comes in a big dang box...   Just be prepared for that.   ;)

A lot of the Home Improvement stores carry that brand as well.

Smoked

I keep mine on top of a rolling tool chest/cabinet- the Bradley fits nice on top, and the bisquettes, spare racks & misc fit nice in the drawers.  Easy to move around, too.

DarqMan

I highly recommend this stainless steel table from Sam's.  For the price it's hard to beat and the casters make it easy to move.  It's the perfect table for the job IMHO.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=145625&navAction=
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.