"My First Brisket" (with pics)

Started by MWS, May 13, 2005, 05:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MallardWacker

Typically does your beef cost more there North of the Border?

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

MWS

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MallardWacker</i>
<br />Typically does your beef cost more there North of the Border?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I think it all depends on where you live and where you shop. I live in a rural area where the choices are limited, therefore less competition higher prices.

<i><font color="green"><b>Mike </i></font id="green"></b>

<i><font color="black">"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved".</i></font id="black">
 -John Wayne

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

MallardWacker

Thanks Mike, I guess it's the same around here.  I live a bit rural also, just got to wait for the sales.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

gotbbq

Hey-

Brisket around here, upstate NY runs 2.39/lb in the cryovac pack.  Keeps frozen forever.  Even on sale for 2.19, Spare ribs 1.99/lb, St. Louis Style.  Your brisket looks great.  I'm cooking one right now.  Up at 4:30 am.  Hope its done for dinner-

Rich

gotbbq

ChefBill

I was lucky, [:D] I caught Brisket on sale at WallyWorld the other day for $1.84/lb. Bought 2 of the suckers and after doing the trimming and reweighing I came up with about $1.96/lb. Cut them into flats & tips and vacuum sealed & froze about 3/4 of it.
"Duh udder piece be gittin' duh BS treatment now." after sitting for 36 hours with that nasty Ol' Texas BBQ rub all over it. Bill

ChefBill
If you can eat it, you can smoke it.
If you can eat it, Then You can smoke it

JJC

Don't know if anyone else has had this experience at their local supermarket, but if I talk with one of the butchers and ask about getting a "Botson Butt","Tri-Tip", salmon fillets, "country style ribs", etc. because I smoke my own meat, it seems like they go out of their way to go in the back and cut me something special and give me a "sale price" on it--almost like it was a professional courtesy.  And if they don't have anything they think will fill the bill, they never try to sell me something "almost as good".  I had this happen twice now at local Stop + Shops.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Oldman

Don't know how I missed this thread before now but that is one nice looking piece of eating there~~` [^]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!