Sound Decision?

Started by Hiram, April 29, 2010, 10:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

Yep, that's happened to quite a few of us!

Where are you located?

KevinG

That happened to me, luckily I have a place closer than that though.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

FLBentRider

100 miles doesn't sound so bad now...

sounds like a day trip.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

OU812

If you really need a fix and you have some hard wood chips you could always put some chips on the puck burner and when the smoke quits push off the burnt chips and add more.

Been there done that.  ::)

ArnieM

I've always found the bisquettes from Amazon take a long time to ship.

Also, as OU said.  Get some wood chips.  Get an adjustable hose/aircraft type of clamp.  Adjust the diameter to fit on the hot plate.  Put some of the wood chips in.  Use tongs and don't burn yourself.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Hiram

I'm located in Asheville NC, 100 miles south of Knoxville and 70 miles form the NC and SC border. Believe me I looked for an internet site that had them and could overnight but no such luck. We were supposed to leave to go camping for the weekend but with the wife's surgery had to cancel that, it wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to look at the smoker sitting there ready all weekend.

squirtthecat

Quote from: Hiram on May 06, 2010, 09:56:58 AM
I'm located in Asheville NC, 100 miles south of Knoxville and 70 miles form the NC and SC border. Believe me I looked for an internet site that had them and could overnight but no such luck. We were supposed to leave to go camping for the weekend but with the wife's surgery had to cancel that, it wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to look at the smoker sitting there ready all weekend.

Do you have a Gander Mountain/Dick's Sporting Goods/Cabelas/Bass Pro anywhere around you?  They all (for the most part) carry Bradley pucks..  Even some farm stores carry them, (but not the smokers themselves)

squirtthecat

Looks like you have a Dick's and an REI nearby.   Worth a call to see if they stock any...

Caneyscud

Does Asheville have an Academy Sports or a Dick's Sporting Goods, or BassPro or Cabela's or Gander Mountain close?  In Nashville, Academy always has them, and Dick's sometimes.  BassPro always has them.  The Gander Mountain in Knoxville has them - at least 2 years ago when I was last in there.

Oh, and check with Sears - the carry the smoker, but don't know if all stores do and don't know about the bisquettes.

or Wallyworld carries the smokers on-line, maybe get the site-to-store free shipping on the bisquettes.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

classicrockgriller

You can make a cardboard box like a cold smoke adaptor and hook a hose to the OBS.

Go to walmart and get you some chips and a burner plate and use that for smoke,

Put the burner plate in the box with soaked chips.

Quarlow

Quote from: Hiram on May 06, 2010, 07:59:52 AM
My wife says she'll throw me a pity party if it will help, no retort back from me as the poor girl had to have oral surgery yesterday (on her birthday). She suggested I go stand outside WalMart with a sign "will work for bisquettes, nothing like twisting the knife.
With a comment like that my wife would need oral surgery too. :D :D :D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

hal4uk

Careful Q...   She'll knock you off that truck into oncoming traffic again...
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Quarlow

:D :D  :D Oh yeah I forgot about that.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Hiram

She's a good wife, no matter what I drag in be it a Bradley, new guitar or pickup I never have to justify it and hear no static (to be honest I would probably given me a rift of s___t after the 5th guitar in 2yrs.).