What's Everyone Cooking For Memorial Day

Started by Remington, May 23, 2005, 04:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassman

Nothing,[:(!] I'll be packing up the house[V] moving day is just 2 weeks away. But once I'm settled in the smoke will flow!![:D]

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

nsxbill

Working myself!  Can't pass up the $1K per shift on holidays.  Most times, I even volunteer for a couple of extra hours!  Might do up some Turkey breast ahead of time...maybe a little potato salad too!

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Habanero Smoker

I will be smoking both beef and turkey pastrami on Friday then traveling to relatives for the weekend. First time making pastrami, so I have a smoke butt in the freezer as backup.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Ded Leg

It is my son's 21st birthday.  So, I be smokin up some Pork butt, pork ribs, beef ribs and grilling some chicken and washing it all down with a half barrel of cold beer.  Dessert will be an orange cream torte and my wife's fabulous peach pie.

Ded Leg

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nsxbill</i>
<br />.....Can't pass up the $1K per shift on holidays.  Most times, I even volunteer for a couple of extra hours!  .......<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I just love the free market system.....

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

oguard

In B.C. Canada last weekend was our holiday (Victoria Day).This weekend I will be cooking a brisket[:p][:p].This will be my second but the first one had rave reviews,Even from my Dad who is not one much for smokey foods.This brisket is marinating in a new marinade will post results.Happy Memorial day to all south of the border[:D][8D].

<b><font face="Comic Sans MS">Mike</font id="Comic Sans MS"></b>

Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

tsquared

I'm doing 8 lbs of pork ribs with an Oriental marinade. I'll post the recipe if it's any good.
Tom

LFord

Ribs and chicken leg quarters in the smoker, tequila-lime shrimp, hot dogs, and venison burgers on the grill.

Fermentation and civilization are inseperable-John Ciardi

nsxbill

I have to work, but doing 8 racks of BB ribs and 3.5 lbs of Wings (now have 2 SS BS Smokers).  WIll use the BBQ Guru on the ribs and just do the wings quickly in the other one.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nsxbill</i>
<br />I have to work, but doing 8 racks of BB ribs and 3.5 lbs of Wings (now have 2 SS BS Smokers).  WIll use the BBQ Guru on the ribs and just do the wings quickly in the other one.

Bill

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
If I remember right, you're making a grand or so for each shift you work this weekend . . . guess that Guru/Raptor thing pretty much pays for itself in about half a shift, and you get to smoke while you work! [:D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

nsxbill

There should be tune to whistle on that!  Actually I did the wings yesterday when I got home, and my son bugged out on today and won't be back until Tuesday, so I will start the ribs on the way out the door tomorrow, and my son can change out the water for me after four hours.  Will just have to celebrate Memorial Day late!  

Excellent results on the Chicken Wings!  Here is recipe!

3.5 lbs wings
2 cups of Wishbone Italian Dressing
6 Tbsp. Pappy's Rub
1 tablespoon of Cayenne Sauce

Tumbled 30 min in Marivac

Sitting at room temp in marivac for about 40 min
And then sprinkled with Dizzy Pig Swamp Venom rub and sat
on drying racks additional 20 min.

Into the preheated BS on first three racks moving up from top and smoke with 2 hours of Pecan

Off after 2 hours then a little dip into Sweet Baby Ray's Original Sauce then to gas grill to finish up and get some grill marks.  

OUCH!  Nice and moist.  Just the right amount of venom to feel the bite while you take a bite.

Brace yourself!  I didn't use the Guru on the new SS BS.  Just set the slider to full on and let it alone for 2 hrs.  I picked up a new Stainless, never used SS Smoker for less &lt;$150.  It has a nick in the door - freight damage.  No biggie for me!  Will expand ability to do larger batches!  Going to have to contact Shotgun Fred and find out if I can control both off one Raptor and the Guru.   If they are close in cooking temp, it might work.  I can monitor both cabinet and meat temps on the Procom4, but the heat would only adjust on one cabinet.  Might work.

Happy Memorial Day.  

Bill

BigSmoker

5 lb brisket flat(pecan wood for smoke) that I tumbled 40 minutes(20 didn't seem to do much)with 8 oz of pineapple juice some dales sauce woster a shot of rice wine vinegar and some yellow mustard.  Yesterday was fillets at my bros house that I tumbeled for 10 minutes with a can of coke some dales sauce a shot of woster and some minced garlic.  Very good stuff although 10 minutes on filets was almost a little much.  Great flavor though and by the time they were grilled they were nice and firm.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

shell

Oldman

First Hell-O back to you from this side of the pond. [:D]

Cooked over direct Oak wood. After pulling from grill I placed in foil, added a couple patties of butter and a little garlic. Wrapped in towel for 6-7 minutes. Need I say more?

Click To Enlarge

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!