"Country Style" Ribs Help, Please

Started by ArnieM, May 11, 2010, 10:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsmoker

I always cook country style ribs by first boiling them in a mixture of water & Italian Salad dressing for about 30 min.  Take them out, drain, then  coat with Emeril's Rib Rub seasoning---then cook on the grill for about 15-25 min. Always turn out great. Emeril's Southwest seasoning is also great to rub on those smoked boston butts.

ArnieM

Thanks for the tip rsmoker.  They aren't going to go that way this time but it sounds like an interesting alternative.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

ArnieM

OK, the deed is done.  Came out pretty good.

Mixed up something like Jan's rub or as close as I could get with what I had.  They chilled for about four hours.  Made the baked beans from this post by Smoke some:  http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=15529.0.  Again a little short on ingredients and had to make do but did have the pineapple and bacon.  I did a smaller quantity.

The ribs got three hours of hickory with the bean pot below them.  The ribs got boated.  No apple juice so mixed up a solution of apple sauce and water.

Took the beans out after the three hours and they went into keep-warm mode.

Did the cornbread.  Added a little chipotle.  Greased the pan and sprinkled with chipotle.  Good stuff.

The ribs, falling apart after boating for three hours, go onto the grill.  Used some of Iceman's Sop'n Sauce.  Just wanted to set it up.

Got 'em on a platter.

Then got everything on a plate.

The bow-tie mac salad was done with chopped sun-dried tomatoes, scallions and Italian dressing. 

All in all, a pretty decent Sunday dinner.  But, I still like back ribs better.
-- Arnie

KevinG

Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

classicrockgriller

Arnie it sure looks mighty nice.

Were the CS's juicy ?

ArnieM

CRG - Not sure if "juicy" is the correct word, but certainly moist.  I have leftovers.  I'll probably pull everything off the bones (one didn't have a bone), chop it up some, add some Q sauce and make sammies.  Actually, not too far off from pulled pork.  Not really like ribs but good nonetheless.  The beans were a killer hit  :D
-- Arnie

classicrockgriller

Quote from: ArnieM on May 16, 2010, 09:49:19 PM
CRG - Not sure if "juicy" is the correct word, but certainly moist.  I have leftovers.  I'll probably pull everything off the bones (one didn't have a bone), chop it up some, add some Q sauce and make sammies.  Actually, not too far off from pulled pork.  Not really like ribs but good nonetheless.  The beans were a killer hit  :D

One of my fav things to do with ribs is next day cut the meat off the bone and make a sammie, on tortillias, or just eat it after I cut it off the bone.

(Rib Nachos, Salad with Rib meat, etc.)

ArnieM

OK, you sold me.  I just happen to happen to have a couple of ripe avocados in stock.  Sour cream and shredded cheese.  I'll get the tortillas tomorrow.
-- Arnie

classicrockgriller

Quote from: ArnieM on May 16, 2010, 10:47:32 PM
OK, you sold me.  I just happen to happen to have a couple of ripe avocados in stock.  Sour cream and shredded cheese.  I'll get the tortillas tomorrow.

I think if you pull it like you thought and maybe a small chop/chop you will have some good eats.

OU812

Lookin good.

Just a thought but you could chop/chop and add to the beans, good stuff.

OldHickory

They look good Arnie.  I think they taste like the Butts, after all they come from the same cut.  The cornbread and beans look like good accompaniments.  Glad it all worked out.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

BuyLowSellHigh

That looks so good!  Damn - having to wipe up the keyboard again.   ;D

So who taught a CT Yankee how to make cornbread?
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

seemore

Arnie that is a meal made in Heaven!!!!
Everything looks great!!
Mrs

ArnieM

I'm trying to keep my post count down, so ...

CRG - Sonny, chop/chop it is.  Going into tortillas tomorrow.

OU - Curt, can't do the beans.  I promised the leftovers to #1 daughter and she's waiting.  They were good.

OldHickory, correct.  They are kinda like butt.  I guess it's where they're cut from.  Some seem to be from the top of the shoulder.

BLSH - Eric, my wife has this 30+ year old recipe on yellowed paper she saved.  It still works.  Ya think we just boil potatoes up here?

seemore - Thanks June.  Good meal but still can't compete with back ribs or good pulled butt.

It was an interesting experience and I really appreciate all of everyone's comments and suggestions.

Next up is Debbie's birthday and I have a brisket for that.

The idea is to have FUN.  Now, about that sausage, feta and beer ...
-- Arnie