Iron Chef Bradley VI Ingredients and Smack Talk

Started by Tenpoint5, May 13, 2010, 04:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Miss Deb has been after me to do another Iron Chef. As soon as she gives me the turn in dates I will post them. So the question is. Are you ready??? For the new folks this is how it works.

Basic Iron Chef rules:

Be creative on your recipes.

It can be as simple as a new ABT or a recipe that would take a snooty waiter in a fancy-schmancy restaurant 10 minutes to describe.

At least 80% of the cook time must be done in the Bradley Smoker, grill or other outdoor cooking method. Up to 20% of the cook time can be done on the stove, oven.

Use any spices or pre-made BBQ sauces, or other goodies as you wish.

The recipe is not limited to just the 3 main ingredients. Your pantry is open and anything is fair game to be used in your recipe. As long as the meat and two other ingredients are in one dish. IE...one bite gets all three ingredients.

It can be breakfast, brunch, lunch, or supper, or midnight snack.

The turn in thread will be opened on the 28th of May and closed during the day on May 31st. The voting will be May 31st through June 4th.

ARE YOU READY FOR THE INGREDIENTS???

The Ingredients are:

Bulk Sausage (Any Flavor)
Beer
Feta Cheese
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ronbeaux

I'm on it! First dumb question. Lite beer or regular??
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

deb415611

Those aren't out of a hat -- They are the contents of your fridge ;D

Up In Smoke

Aaaaaaaaaaannnnnndddd they're off!!!
can't wait to see some of the creations on this one
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Tenpoint5

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

deb415611

;D  I know what I'm making ;D ;D ;D ;D and what I'm cooking it on!

Tenpoint5

If any of the new folks have any questions on what this is all about PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK! The whole reason we do this is to get us out of a rut and think outside the box. Use some ingredients that we might not normally use together. And to have some good natured fun picking on each other and talking some trash.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: deb415611 on May 13, 2010, 05:06:27 PM

I don't care what you cook on Miss Deb. But I already got dibs on making brats with the ingredients. So you just stay your happy little bread and cheese making self away from Brats!!

deb415611

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on May 13, 2010, 05:21:32 PM

I don't care what you cook on Miss Deb. But I already got dibs on making brats with the ingredients. So you just stay your happy little bread and cheese making self away from Brats!!

Don't worry, I won't steal your unoriginal Brat idea ???   I can come up with something better than that ;D   

Tenpoint5

Quote from: deb415611 on May 13, 2010, 05:27:42 PM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on May 13, 2010, 05:21:32 PM

Don't worry, I won't steal your unoriginal Brat idea ???   I can come up with something better than that ;D   
Like I would honestly tell you what I was gonna make on the first day of this!! Are you having a blonde moment over there? Oh yeah LQ resembles that remark!! Better get that Caribou to crawl out of the woodwork so I can have some competition. I know she can cook!!

ronbeaux

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on May 13, 2010, 04:58:59 PM
Quote from: ronbeaux on May 13, 2010, 04:43:57 PM
I'm on it! First dumb question. Lite beer or regular??

Cold works for me

Works for me. Free comes to mind also.

DarqMan

Oh this does sound like fun.  I have all those ingredients now and I already have an idea...
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

ronbeaux

Already got it covered. Cooked using a little known method once written up on a cave drawing found in lower Alabama near the mountains. You know, the 'Whipinassy mountain range.' They are gone now but you can still view them from the air. At one time this was a thriving community of the Whipinassy Indian tribe. They eventually all moved to Baton Rouge........... ::)

KyNola

Deb,
Time for you to put that new Traeger of yours to good use! :)

Tenpoint5

Quote from: KyNola on May 13, 2010, 06:25:43 PM
Deb,
Time for you to put that new Traeger of yours to good use! :)

Kynola do I have to place a personal call to Miss Jan and have her whip something up for you to bring to the party as well? Lets see what those MAK's can do! Bring it on I aint ascared!!