Another California Newby

Started by Oysterhog, May 18, 2010, 09:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oysterhog

My 4 rack digital smoker arrived today. Had to do some tweeking to make it work, but now it's doing what it is supposed to do. I've gone so far as to season it. I have been using a huge wood burner for over a year burning my oak firewood. When the wood pile got low, we had to wear more clothes to save the wood for smoking. That's dedication.
Looking forward to cooking something soon. I've been looking around the forums while waiting for this thing to arrive and suffered a lot of drooling, stomach growling, and hunger. I can't wait.

classicrockgriller

Well the wait is over!

Put something in that smoker and getter going.

Welcome to the Forum.

Quarlow

Welcome to the forum OH. You are going to love this place. Keep that vent open and if you have any questions just ask. And remember there are no dumb questions here, cause if there was we all would be idiots. And I know there's none of those here.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum Oysterhog!

Don't run the smoker with the vent closed.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KevinG

Welcome to the forum Oysterhog, be careful with them slippery oysters, they'll slide right through your racks.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

OU812

Welcome to the fun Oysterhog

I take it you like oysters.

So, whats goin in that baby for your maiden voyage?

3rensho

Welcome Oysterhog.  Ahhh, Tomales bay oysters at the OLD Nick's Cove.  Them were the days.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Oysterhog

We usually get Hog Island Oyster Company oytsters, just south of Nicks Cove and camp at Lawson's Landing. Going there tomorrow.
I used the smoker part today to put about 20 minutes into a swordfish steak and two bottom fish fillets, then BBQ in a baking pan with butter. Yum.

Quarlow

Gone are the days when as a kid on my dads built from scratch cabin cruiser the "phalange" sitting at Cabbage Island picking oysters at low tide and cooking them right in the open fire till they pop open, a little salt and butter. Ahhh brings back the good old days. Or just shucking them raw right on the beach with a shake of salt and down the hatch just to see my brother convulse and almost...... well you know. hehehe. From what I hear theres not an oyster left there anymore.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.