Reheating Meat Question

Started by Andy, May 27, 2005, 11:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

I have a party Tuesday night for my sons school class and was assigned to bring chicken.  So I thought I would smoke some leg q's.

If I smoke them Sunday or Monday...can they be rewarmed easily enough for the party?

I was thinking i could wrap them in foil and warm at 250 for about a half hour.  Usually I toss them in the microwave...but wanted to see if there was a better way.

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Usually I toss them in the microwave<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> Yuck!
I would wrap them in foil.  Add a little water or apple juice. Place them in the oven. Kind of steam them hot. Next I would fire up my gas grill and just lightly crisp up the skins some. You may want to salt or lightly re-season the outside--for taste.

IMO microwave is good for re-heating coffee [^]

Good Luck!

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Andy

Old, how long....I was guessing about an hour at 250?

JJC

I'm no expert on reheating chicken legs, but I like Olds' mthod better than the MW.  The key is make sure you get the temp of the rewarmed meat to at least 140F at the thickest part.  You could start at 250F and see ow close the meat is to 140F after 30 min.  If it's getting close, great.  if it's still far away, I'd jack up the temp to 325-350 for the next 20-30 min, or pop them on the grill at arond 350 for about 20 min.

sound about right to you, Olds?

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA