E Error with BDS 4-Rack

Started by allanr, May 22, 2010, 11:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allanr

Hi,

I have a 4-Rack BDS that my wife got me a couple of years ago.  The other day I fired up the smoker and I noticed an E error blinking on the display and the puck feeder continuously running.  When I turned off the smoke generator the error went away and I was able to cook my ribs, but without smoke.

I checked the forum and learned that this error can  be caused by the feeder arm not making contact with the micro switch to turn off the motor.

This morning I opened the generator, prepared to adjust the motor.  First I plugged in the unit (just the AC cord) and watched the feeder arm rotate and could see that it WAS making good contact with the micro switch.

I unplugged the unit and ran a continuity check on the micro switch and it appeared to be operating normally (contact was closed when button depressed).

Unfortunately, that is the extent of my knowledge regarding the unit.  I continue to get the E error and I have no idea why.  I was suppose to cold smoke some pork chops today, but I guess that will have to wait.

Can anyone out there help me with this problem?  Could it be that the problem is with the heating element?  (I know, that does not explain the motor continuously running.)  Is the problem in the electronics attached to the bottom of the generator (the wires from the micro switch is connected to this unit)?

I appreciate any advice as to solving this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

--allanr

classicrockgriller

classicrockgriller