Murphys Law

Started by love the smoke, May 20, 2010, 07:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love the smoke

Murphy s Law Struck hard at my house

Need to do 8 racks babybacks for a grad party Sat night, so thought I would do a pre smoke warm up and threw a Pork Butt in to use in my Karie Hog apple baked beans. Around half done I thought this would be a great time to run the Autotune feature on my new dual probe PID, so I programed the Auber to autotune around 12;00 noon, checked it off and on and the temp kept falling slowly, I thought it was just the controller doing its thing so I let it go checked back later and it was down to 113 degrees, something wrong here, threw the Butt in the Memphis to finish off, emailed Auber about problem he told me what parameter to change and should be good, changed parameter plugged in and no heat, now what ? Plugged tower directly in the wall no heat, now what? Pulled the back off started testing, the heat fuse was blown, bypassed for now only one element hot.(dual heating element upgrade)

Now what? More testing 1 bad element, holy CRAP, had an old element downstairs from the dual element upgrade installed plugged in both elements hot, YES, put back together plugged in the Auber threw the switch on and everything works whew

Why cant this happen when you dont have a marathon smoke to do and people counting on your Q ......................MURPHYS LAW

LTS     
LTS

DTAggie

Answered your own question...unfortunately.  Murphy's damn Law

classicrockgriller

Well I won't blame Bradley on this as it happened to me on two different smokers with dual elements using the Auber.

KevinG

At least you had spare parts. I'll be a gonner if it happens to me.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

love the smoke

CRG

So I should get some spare parts back on hand for when Murphy returns ?

LTS
LTS