far too hot element

Started by wee ginge, May 25, 2010, 02:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wee ginge

hi,
i have just bought my obs a couple weeks ago and have use it twice both times the food came out tasting purely of burnt smoke. while it is smoking it smells of burnt wood and the element seems to get far to hot the pucks even stick to it.. is there anything i can do????? please help :(
thanks
wee Ginge

classicrockgriller

Quote from: wee ginge on May 25, 2010, 02:35:22 PM
hi,
i have just bought my obs a couple weeks ago and have use it twice both times the food came out tasting purely of burnt smoke. while it is smoking it smells of burnt wood and the element seems to get far to hot the pucks even stick to it.. is there anything i can do????? please help :(
thanks
wee Ginge

Welcome to the forum.

I don't really understand what you are saying.

The pucks don't go on the element.

OU812

Welcome to the fun wee ginge

You got water in the pan under the puck burner?

More info please.

ArnieM

Yeah, more details please.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Habanero Smoker

Hi wee ginge;

Welcome to the forum.

I believe you are referring to the bisquette burner. On the forum when a person refers to the element they are talking about the long rod in the rear of the cabinet that provides the heat for cooking. Like the others have mentioned more information would be helpful.

Not putting water in the bowl can produce a burnt smell, and applying smoke for too long can produce that type of taste. I'm not sure why the bisquettes would stick in the first place. It could be the bisquettes (they may contain too much moisture), have you tried any bisquettes from another box. First you will need to clean any remaining residue off the burner. Then make sure there is water in the bowl, and see if you still have the same problem.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

wee ginge

thanks
sorry my mistake i do mean the burner, it heats up far too hot the puck instantly starts burning and is burnt black in 10 minutes and glowing red if i break it open.how hot should it be?? is there a temperature it supposed to be at?? i think maybe there is a thermostat that might be broken or something?
thanks again
                  wee ginge

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: wee ginge on May 26, 2010, 04:20:41 AM
thanks
sorry my mistake i do mean the burner, it heats up far too hot the puck instantly starts burning and is burnt black in 10 minutes and glowing red if i break it open.how hot should it be?? is there a temperature it supposed to be at?? i think maybe there is a thermostat that might be broken or something?
thanks again
                  wee ginge

Hi W G

There is no control to adjust the temperature of the bisquette burner,
Please give us a call at our office 1-800-665-4188 and ask to be transfered to Brian
I have a few questions I would like to ask you and I will arrange to get your burner replaced.

Thanks
Brian

OU812

Brian to the rescue.  :D 

You da man.

Someone please let us know "the rest of the story."

KyNola

If your vent on top of the smoker is closed down, open it at least half way.  Personally mine runs 3/4 to 100% open all the time.

Brian at Bradley will take good care of you!