Top Kill - Pray

Started by BuyLowSellHigh, May 25, 2010, 06:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3rensho

QuoteObama is bought and owned by BP...

IMHO both parties, congress and presidents are bought and paid for by large companies.  Doesn't matter who y'all vote for - you get the same corruption.  They can be dumb as a post like GW or Palin or well educated and articulate like Obama.  Bottom line is they are all owned by the lobbyists.  Yes, I am pretty pi$$ed off at the whole damn system.  Whew, now I feel better.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

HCT

Gulf coast fishermen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTiDVbXMCBg&feature=player_embedded

Just like 9/11 the "FIRST RESPONDERS" here will eventually succumb to the toxic pollutants that they are not made aware of.  America THE WORLD, when will it be time for YOU to Stand Up and so NO MORE????
Sadly I have little hope for the populace of America to do anything, as Dancing with the Stars is on and that is so much more important then giving a good god damn about the world, or our country.  Hey we will reap what we sow...

"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

KevinG

Quote from: HCT on June 12, 2010, 02:03:31 PM
Gulf coast fishermen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTiDVbXMCBg&feature=player_embedded

Just like 9/11 the "FIRST RESPONDERS" here will eventually succumb to the toxic pollutants that they are not made aware of.  America THE WORLD, when will it be time for YOU to Stand Up and so NO MORE????
Sadly I have little hope for the populace of America to do anything, as Dancing with the Stars is on and that is so much more important then giving a good god damn about the world, or our country.  Hey we will reap what we sow...

I don't see you out there doing anything about it.

Here's part of a plan I submitted a while ago.

Sure is funny how it's only Americas problem yet it's BRITISH petroleum who did the drilling and it is the entire world who utilizes the oceans. Seems there should be a little bit more help coming from everywhere.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

HCT

"I don't see you out there doing anything about it."

I'm honored to know that you're so involved in my life.
Think and research before you speak, you just might have to eat those words.
probably the biggest"

KevinG

Looks like you put just as much thought into your comment about Americans doing nothing.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

La Quinta

What I find interesting is the portrayal of BP. I would think if ANY corporation would want to stop this it's BP. They are losing perhaps billions of dollars...NOBODY knows how to deal with it....not us...not BP...Exxon...Chevron...it"s unprecedented...yet the politicos demonize the company...yet offer no solutions.

I don't mean to be a political dog here...but maybe those guys who did the demo on throwing hay on the surface oil should get a friggin "beer summit"?

HCT

FAA Imposes Flight Restrictions Over Oil Spill Area
June 14th, 2010
admin

In other words, no media related aircraft below 3000 feet.

Via: FAA:

All aircraft operations are prohibited except those flights authorized by ATC, routine flights supporting offshore oil operations; federal, state, local and military flight operations supporting oil spill recovery and reconstitution efforts; and air medical and law enforcement operations.

probably the biggest"

HCT

Our view on the Gulf oil spill: BP says it's baring all; facts say something else
June 14th, 2010
admin

When a CNN camera crew tried to talk to workers cleaning oil-drenched birds on the Gulf Coast last Thursday, it was turned away by a man from the Louisiana State Animal Response Team, a group that says it's working with BP to help wildlife. Never mind that the crew had federal permission to visit the site. "I make the final call," the man said brusquely.

Not far away, on Grand Isle, La., a reporter from New Orleans' WDSU-TV was barred from interviewing cleanup workers. "I can tell you where to go because I am employed to keep this beach safe," a private guard said, even though the beach is public.

And last month, according to the New Orleans' Times-Picayune, a man identifying himself as a BP contractor told a private charter pilot that he couldn't fly a reporter over the restricted spill area. "No media or press on any planes," the charter's owner said he was told.

BP maintains these are anomalies. But every such attempt deepens the impression that BP, having caused the worst environmental disaster in U.S. history, is trying to manipulate what the public sees about it.

On one level, it's tempting to believe BP's denials simply because trying to hide embarrassing acts is so obviously futile when a company is caught in a spotlight this bright. What the news media don't find, government investigators and plaintiffs' lawyers will. Meanwhile, every attempt at secrecy raises suspicions.

But secrecy plainly has been part of the game plan since the disaster's earliest days in April. Although BP made feeds from itsunderwater cameras available to the government, it initially failed to open them to the public. The world didn't get its first glimpse of the gushing oil until late May, after Rep. Ed Markey, D-Mass., demanded that BP make the feed public. Scientists quickly recognized that BP was low-balling the spill rate.

In another controlling move, when BP signed up U.S. fishermen to help with the cleanup, the company's contracts barred them from talking to the news media. After much criticism, Chief Operating Officer Doug Suttles proclaimed last week that BP wouldn't stop anyone from talking. But if the incidents since then are any guide, many workers haven't gotten the word.

Just as outrageous have been the government's controlling actions.

Some Coast Guard personnel claim to be enforcing a rule requiring a 500-yard buffer — nearly a third of a mile — around any vessel involved in the cleanup, the Associated Press has complained. At that distance, a camera can't document what's going on and reporters can't conduct interviews. Also, no private planes may fly below 3,000 feet for miles around the spill area — far too high to get meaningful photos. Do a few news media flights really pose a safety risk?

The bulk of coverage so far — and there has been a lot — has been by media "embedded" on government flights, which means the government controls what the reporters see. That's how wars are generally covered. But this is not war, nor even a fast-moving disaster like Hurricane Katrina, where lives are at stake. It's tough to see why so many restrictions are necessary.

The public will be living with the effects of this catastrophe for many years. Neither BP nor the government should be getting in the way of what the public sees as events unfold
probably the biggest"

HCT

Reports: BP and government blocking coverage of oil damage
June 14th, 2010
admin

By Muriel Kane

It is becoming apparent that efforts to prevent the oil gushing out of BP's blown-out Deepwater Horizon rig from ravaging the Gulf Coast may be largely ineffective. An increasing number of stories are also starting to circulate concerning deliberate attempts by both BP and government officials to block coverage of the damage and the clean-up attempts.

In a video clip obtained by ThinkProgress, a local news team from WDSU in New Orleans was told by a private security guard that they were not allowed to talk to cleanup workers on a public beach or come within 100 yards of cleanup operations.

"Who's saying that?" reporter Scott Walker asked the guard. "Because no one can tell me that, unless you're the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office, you're the Coast Guard, or you're the military, can you tell me where to go on this public beach."

"I can tell you where to go because I'm employed to keep this beach safe," the guard replied, adding, "You are not allowed to interview any workers."

CNN's Jim Acosta similarly reported on Thursday that his efforts to film attempts by the Louisiana Fish and Wildlife Service to rescue oil-covered birds had been blocked, even though his news team had received permission from the state Fish and Wildlife Service to enter the bird triage center.

"I'm going to have to ask you to stop taking pictures," a National Guardsman told them.

"It's more important for the animals to have a quiet, calm, controlled area at this point," a Fish and Wildlife Service representative insisted when asked for an explanation.

CNN's Anderson Cooper also recounted being "prevented by federal wildlife officials from photographing birds covered in oil being brought ashore. ... They actually now have this area where the birds come in roped off and guarded by National Guard troops."

This obstruction of the media is occurring even though BP Chief Operating Officer Doug Suttles sent out a message to BP employees and contractors on Wednesday, stating, "Recent media reports have suggested that individuals involved in the cleanup operation have been prohibited from speaking to the media, and this is simply untrue. BP fully supports and defends all individuals rights to share their personal thoughts and experiences with journalists if they so choose."

BP guards have continued to block reporters from interviewing the cleanup workers, and the workers themselves have spoken off camera of threats that they will lose their jobs if they talk to reporters.

The WDSU reporter specifically mentioned the Suttles memo to the BP guards who were blocking his access to cleanup workers and asked, "Still hasn't trickled down to you all?"

The guards' unhelpful response was, "We already heard that one too. ... The e-mail did not explicitly give you permission to do that."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZHnStD690U&feature=player_embedded

probably the biggest"

HCT

Obama Issues Executive Order Mandating "Lifestyle Behavior Modification

White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel is fond of saying, "You don't ever want a crisis to go to waste; it's an opportunity to do important things that you would otherwise avoid." Well, the Obama Administration certainly has not let the British Petroleum (BP) Deepwater Horizon oil rig crisis go to waste, using it as a smokescreen to silently assault and further diminish American citizens' personal freedom.

While the nation has its eyes and ears focused on the blame game ping-pong match between President Obama and BP top brass, President Obama on Thursday, June 10, quietly announced a new Executive Order establishing the "National Prevention, Health Promotion, and Public Health Council."

You will "change" to my liking!
Claiming the "authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America," President Obama has truly gone off the deep end this time in his most atrocious attempt to date to control every aspect of Americans' lives.

According to the Executive Order that details the President's "National Prevention and Health Promotion Strategy," the Council will be charged with carrying out " lifestyle behavior modification" among American citizens that do not exhibit "healthy behavior."

The President's desired lifestyle behavior modifications detailed in Sec. 6 (c) focus on:

smoking cessation;
proper nutrition;
appropriate exercise;
mental health;
behavioral health;
sedentary behavior (see Sec. 3 [c]);
substance-use disorder; and
domestic violence screenings.
Making matters even worse, if that is even possible at this point, President Obama will create an "Advisory Group" composed of experts hand-picked from the public health field and various other areas of expertise "outside the Federal Government."

Let's consider who the President has sought advice and mentoring from in the past:

Rev. Jeremiah Wright, who the Anti-Defamation League calls a "Messenger of Intolerance," and
Bill Ayers, leader of the 1960′s domestic terrorist group "Weatherman" that was "responsible for 30 bombings aimed at destroying the defense and security infrastructures of the U.S."
Now, President Obama is going to seek medical advisors who will be charged with modifying lifestyles and behaviors of those citizens he deems unhealthy? "Paging Dr. Kevorkian! You're wanted in the White House STAT by President Obama!"

Whether you are a child, a parent, a worker, or retired, the President's approximately 25-member "Advisory Group" will soon be present in every aspect of Americans' lives, as the Executive Order prescribes in Sec. 4 (b). Specifically, our new so-called lifestyle behavior modification advisors will be actively carrying out the President's orders in:

worksite health promotion;
community services, including community health centers;
preventive medicine;
health coaching;
public health education;
geriatrics; and
rehabilitation medicine.
President Obama's sweeping plan to enforce "lifestyle behavior modification" is chock full of open-ended target areas, especially when it comes to issues of "mental" and "behavioral" health, "proper nutrition," "sedentary behavior," and "appropriate exercise." The President's Executive Order is a blatant and forceful attempt to adjust the way Americans young and old think, behave, eat, drink and whatever else free will used to entitle our nation's citizens to enjoy as prescribed by the Founding Fathers.

If you are feeling stressed-out, sad, confused, hungry, thirsty, bored, or tired, do you honestly trust President Obama and his "Advisory Group" to act in your best interests?

probably the biggest"

HCT

So what are we to do? Draw plans that go into the garbage or demand action. Call your Congressman and Senator. Demand answers. This is our country's future at stake and our children's and grandchildren's future also.
probably the biggest"

Bradley (Head Office)

Hello Members

Due to the overwhelming amount of emails I received regarding this topic starting to get out of hand and out of its original content
This topic will be locked.

Please refrain from posting topics on political affairs on this forum.

Thanks

Brian.