Bit of a tease - couldn't help myself.

Started by ArnieM, May 26, 2010, 04:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

You'll really have to wait to get the details. 

Anyway, it's a coffee-based rub on a NY strip.  Wifey went nuts but what else is new?

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Quarlow

Awesome looking steak cousin. I don't get steak often but this weekend we had some peppercorn marinaded ones. They were nice and thick. I grilled them to medium rare and they were so juicey and tender.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

hal4uk

Wait?  We ain't exactly a patient bunch...
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

squirtthecat

ArnieM

I apologize.  I should have explained better.  Sometimes I have things in my head and fail to put it in writing.

I'm doing a sauce and rub review for the newsletter; pretty nearly done.  I don't know which issue it will show up in.  That's up to Chris.

This rub is Dy-no-mite!  Did it on two steaks and lamb chops.  Debbie (wife) loves it; puts it on everything.  Her favorite sauce is Sop'n Sauce from Iceman.  She wants a straw.

This is a lot of fun. 

Sorry for coming up short of info on the initial post; too excited.  Please forgive.
-- Arnie

Tenpoint5

Arnie I will put it in the very next newsletter after you finish testing and reviewing.

Quote from: hal4uk on May 26, 2010, 06:06:17 PM
Wait?  We ain't exactly a patient bunch...

Ain't that the truth!! That would be the reason I don't post many of my cooks. I am testing something most every time.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ArnieM

I'll get a draft to you by the end of the week Chris.  I have my third CF card reader and it seems to work so I can get pics off of the cards.

Here's a test shot - only my ears are smokin'   >:(  Roofing guys replaced skylights and screwed 'em up.  A lot of leakage for two floors.  I've had three appointments with them and they've never showed. 

This is Steve (left) and his helper.  Pulling out the skylights, rotted plywood and replacing shingles.

There goes my MAK  >:(

-- Arnie

KyNola

Put a big bucket under the skylight and order your MAK!  Where are your priorities man? :D

Sorce

Quote from: KyNola on May 27, 2010, 06:36:20 AM
Put a big bucket under the skylight and order your MAK!  Where are your priorities man? :D

Just call it a waterfall and now it becomes part of the decor...

Tenpoint5

Quote from: KyNola on May 27, 2010, 06:36:20 AM

Priorities are in the right order New smoker is still first. Just SELF PRESERVATION kicked in first. I think the wife may have threatened Arnies life if it didn't get done.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

Oh yeah.....forgot about "the wife".  Man, they can screw up some perfectly good logic can't they? :D

BuyLowSellHigh

Wow !  That looks good.  Can hardly wait for the review, Arnie.

There is a fairly famous chef in Houston, Robert Del Grande.  He owned and operated Cafe Annie which I believe is now RDG+Bar Annie after renovation and remodeling.  Many credit him as being the principal father behind southwest American cuisine.  Not only is he an accomplished chef and successful restauranteur he is also a brain (has a PhD in biochemistry) but I digress.  One of his iconic or signature dishes is "Coffee Roasted Tenderloin of Beef".  He has shared the recipe and taught it to the public in Houston.  Here's the recipe.  I have also had this applied to a pheasant he roasted - it was incredible!

I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

hal4uk

"water feature".
They're popular these days....
What's the problem?
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex