Lamb Chops For Dinner

Started by ArnieM, May 27, 2010, 04:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

I'll try to make a short story long.

I really don't care much for the cryovaced lamb leg from the other side of the planet.  Sometimes it stinks and ya gotta wash it down with vinegar and water.  It ain't bad in the end.

My local butcher gets the lamb from Peter's place across town - fresh.  The taste is really great.  I could almost go for that over beef.

Tonight's was done with a light coating of CT and some of Rodak's (review coming) coffee rub.

The pic below was done last week, but the same style chops.

Then the conversation went -

Want some clams?  (They were Little Necks)

Sure.  How much?

$1.

Each?

Naw. Some are going south and I have to can them.

He picked out all of the ones that weren't smilin' at us.  1 1/2 pounds for a buck isn't bad.

I've said it before, but it really pays to know your local butcher  :D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Tenpoint5

Nice score on the clams!! I'm guessing that the Misses destroyed the lamb before you got in the house from cooking the clams and that is why you changed the subject?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caneyscud

Clams for a $1.00.  I'd jump on a bunch of those.  More like a dollar each around here - and you don't see them much here either.  I guess Tennesseans don't go for clams. 

Arnie, I'm interested in seeing your review on the coffee rub.  Raiken's Jave rub, made me want to experiment with the Caneycoffeechococinnichil rub.  Need to twitterpate on it some more.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

classicrockgriller

Arnie, again just Beautiful plating.

Food looks like it belongs on a magazine cover.

NICE!

KevinG

Wow Arnie, that sure doesn't look like the white sock with sewn on facial features I remember. Good job!
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

ArnieM

Quote from: Caneyscud on May 28, 2010, 05:55:48 AM
Arnie, I'm interested in seeing your review on the coffee rub.  Raiken's Jave rub, made me want to experiment with the Caneycoffeechococinnichil rub.  Need to twitterpate on it some more.

I submitted a draft of the review to Chris yesterday.  The rub ingredients are pretty simple:  Organic coffee, pepper, salt, garlic and spices.

Let's see - Caneycoffeechococinnichil - coffee, chocolate, cinnamon and chili?
-- Arnie

BuyLowSellHigh

That sounds like del Grande's mix.  I posted a link in your Tease thread.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

OldHickory

The plate looks great.  Did you cold smoke, then grill the chops?
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

ArnieM

Quote from: OldHickory on May 28, 2010, 09:53:08 AM
The plate looks great.  Did you cold smoke, then grill the chops?

Just on the grill.  I love to smoke but don't always have the time.
-- Arnie

OU812

Thats a good lookin plate full of grub there Arnie.

Might have to try that critter you call Lamb and see how it tastes.

That asparagus has got my mouth a waterin, I havent had lunch yet.

Caneyscud

Quote from: BuyLowSellHigh on May 28, 2010, 09:04:30 AM
That sounds like del Grande's mix.  I posted a link in your Tease thread.
Did not see the link the 1st time.  Similar, but I went at it as a chili base and added strong overtones.  Instead of ground coffee, I used instant coffee and instant expresso ground up into a powder.  Sorta afraid of using the ground beans.    I don't know what it is about adding coffee, but it really seems to add quite a bit of umphh to recipes and without tasting like coffee.  Cowboy brisket is mighty fine.   
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

deb415611

Nice Arnie.

I stopped to see your meat guy last Saturday but he wasn't there. Only stuff in the case available.... I bought some of those thick pork chops.. :D

ArnieM

Caney - I've seen and heard about coffee in rubs before but never tried it.  This stuff is good!

Deb - Yeah, Steve had a graduation last weekend and was unavailable.  Still good stuff in the case though.  If you like lamb, you just have to try some.

Curt - Those are the furry little critters.  Get American from as close to home as you can.
-- Arnie