First attempt with my new BS

Started by Duk Dog, April 01, 2007, 07:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duk Dog

Just completed my first attempt with the BS tonight and made some jerky. Just used a recipe from the BS recipe book (salt, brown sugar, water, & pepper) and it turned out great. I had a True North smoker before which did the trick, but these BS are pretty slick. Temp held at 150, no need to keep opening the door to change chips every hour. Pretty happy with my first attempt. The real test will be taking some into work tomorrow.

coyote

Good to have you with us Duk Dog, I bet your co-workers will want to place orders. ;D
                                                                        Keep rollin' the smoke,
                                                                                                Coyote

Gizmo

Duk Dog,
Dont bring it in to work.  You will regret it.  Next time you make jerky you will have to double the batch just to cover the work demand.  Next time after that, tripple.  Next time after that........ ;D ;D

Congrats...
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

LilSmoker

Hi and welcome Duk Dog, yeah bragging rights usually come back and smack you in the face!, especially with workmates, my meat bill has now gone up considerably ::)  ;D

Anyway glad the jerky came out nice for you ;)

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Wildcat

Congrats on your first smoke in the BS!  She is a nice unit! :)
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

manxman

Welcome to the forum Duk Dog, here's hoping all your smokes are a success.  ;)
Manxman

iceman

Quote from: Gizmo on April 01, 2007, 10:05:00 PM
Duk Dog,
Dont bring it in to work.  You will regret it.  Next time you make jerky you will have to double the batch just to cover the work demand.  Next time after that, tripple.  Next time after that........ ;D ;D

Congrats...
Giz is right Duk. Yer gonna get yerself in lotsa trouble if ya take it to work. :D :o ;D

NePaSmoKer

Welcome Duk Dog

Congrats on your 1st BS jerky. Like ice says double the next , triple, quadruple............OUI  And watch out for ap ;D

nepas