Puck Feed Problem

Started by BuyLowSellHigh, May 29, 2010, 09:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bammer

I have had this problem for about a year now and tried various methods that would work for short periods of time. In an act of desperation before I give up on my Bradley for the last time I removed the the 4 screws that hold the guide in place. I then ran the motor and pulled the plug when the pusher was in the back position. 
I found a lot of small bits that had wedged themselves between the guide and the base that did not get removed with a simple blowing but more importantly when was checking that surfaces were smooth (I had noticed that the pusher was sort of binding and jumping previously) I noticed that one of the screws that hold the microswitch underneath the pusher path protruded through the top (the other screw was flush). I got the handy dandy Dremmel tool out and ground this flush, cleaned out pusher track/guide rail and reassembled.
The pusher no longer seems to bind when pulling out and pushing in and seems a lot smoother. I have loaded up 8 hours of smoke and a couple of Pork Shoulders as a test. We are in hour two now with no slipups so hopefully I am good to go now for a summers worth of great BBQ.

Habanero Smoker

Thanks for posting a solution to the problem.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)