Smoke Tower Assembly

Started by KYEggHead, May 29, 2010, 10:40:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KYEggHead

Hello,
I have just purchased and assembled a new digital 6 rack Bradley.  Everything seems to be working fine...just finished 1 hour seasoning and bisquettes advanced without issue.  However, it seems to me that the smoke tower doesn't "engage" as it should  from a distance it kinda leans away from the smoking chamber.  (Couldn't insert picture)

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Remember...he who laughs last is slowest

KevinG

I'm not sure what you mean by smoke tower, but if you're talking about the feed tube for the bisquettes, the opening needs to face you (like when you're looking at the controls).
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

KYEggHead

How do I post picture...and yes I do have it facing the correct way. 

KevinG

KYEggHead

Guess I am an idiot but can't seem to post an image.  Look at my profile pic...may be too small to see...

KevinG

As best as I can tell from the pic, it looks like you are describing the feeder tube for the bisquettes. It can be difficult to put that in correctly. What I would do is pull it back out, then gently squeeze just enough so the tube will slide in easily and make sure it touches bottom. There will probably still be a very slight tilt away from the Smoke tower, but that is due to the fact there are only two screws that the generator hangs on and the connection is kept loose for easy removal of the generator for cold smoking. The small gap should not be a problem as long as you're not losing a bunch of smoke through it and not getting any in the chamber.

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: KYEggHead on May 29, 2010, 10:40:29 AM
Hello,
I have just purchased and assembled a new digital 6 rack Bradley.  Everything seems to be working fine...just finished 1 hour seasoning and bisquettes advanced without issue.  However, it seems to me that the smoke tower doesn't "engage" as it should  from a distance it kinda leans away from the smoking chamber.  (Couldn't insert picture)

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi KY

Here is a easy fix for your feeder tube

Brian

KevinG

Wow Brian, you've got much better eyes than I. I couldn't see that from that pic.

KYEggHead

Brian and KevinG,

That is exactly what I am talking about...my only additional question is...does the picture represent the correct appearance/setting or do I need to pry up the cover as stated in the picture such that it covers the grooves at the 3:00 position?

Appreciate,
KY

TTNuge

Pry the cover up so it goes on top of the sleeve/grooves.

KevinG

Yep, that circular sectoin should sit under that metal cover.

KYEggHead

KyNola

Welcome KYEggHead.  What part of KY do you hail from?  I'm in Paducah KY.

KyNola

KYEggHead

KyNola