Smoked Halibut?

Started by swissy, June 01, 2005, 06:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kummok

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Chez Bubba</i>
..... We only caught 30#ers......
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Only 30# salmon?!?!?  You're TRULY a sourdough now! [;)][;)][}:)][:D]

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

oguard

Must be nice to say "only 30#" LOL[:D][:D].Met some guys up from Washington State who caught nothing in 5 days of fishing[:(].We fished out of Nootka sound on Vancouver Island.If I had any extra I would have given the a couple but fishing was pretty slow.

Mike

Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

Kummok

Silvers (Coho) are in right now Mike.....they're in schools, right off the Spit, about a 4-5 minute run from the harbor. Last week I had to run 26 miles to get to them for some visiting friends. Hearing reports right now of "nice" sizes, around 15-20 #ers. Reckon I'll have to go catch a few tomorrow with a friend coming in tonight from Portland area......nice "entertainment" for visitors to go get into a school of Silvers, but I've become too picky anymore and, when not "entertaining friends" with Silvers and halibut, I and Sandy prefer to wait for the feeder King bite to be back on for the REALLY "good stuff"[;)][:p][:p]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

oguard

I wish I could get out there and get some coho,but my boys football is in full swing.maybe get a free weekend in September.

Mike

Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

birdboy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kummok</i>
<br />Hey Birdboy....wait no longer! The Silvers (coho) are here! The Silvers are here!

Reports are coming in of large schools as close as "Green Can" and , of course, the Spit Pit! Last week I ran 26 miles to pick up some nice size Silvers at Dangerous Cape rips (well named point[:0])....now they're 1 mile offshore at the Spit![:p]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

Can you send them South??  Or do you have room on your boat for another smoke eater[:D]

Kummok

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by oguard</i>
<br />.......but my boys football is in full swing.....

Mike<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Fishing's a GREAT life, but you DEFINITELY have your priorities right....the fish will always be there, but the boys won't stay boys forever![^][:)]

Birdboy:
I've ALWAYS got room for fire family, unless you're wearing one-o-them stooooopid yellow "Firefighters for Kerry" t-shirts, in which case, I'll take you 26 miles out, but you gotta find your own way back.....  [;)][}:)][;)][:D]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

birdboy

I'll have to see what flights are running up there, man that would be cool !

H@!! No, the Local down here of course was sporting those pieces of cotton heresy so we as volunteers (ya I know a lot of union guys don't care for volunteers), got together and had a bunch of the 'Firefighters support Bush' stickers made up and started plastering them everywhere[:D]  Stuck very well over their stickers [}:)]

Kummok

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by birdboy</i>
........H@!! No, the Local down here of course was sporting those pieces of cotton heresy so we as volunteers (ya I know a lot of union guys don't care for volunteers), got together and had a bunch of the 'Firefighters support Bush' stickers made up and started plastering them everywhere[:D]  Stuck very well over their stickers [}:)]

You're DEFINITELY welcome on MY boat!![^] I've been a proud union member (IAFF 1264) and proud volunteer (Sitka VFD) and I love EVERY one of my fire brothers and sisters, but when you get the union mob mentality cranked up to full-speed, I can't always abide their political positioning taking precedence OVER good professional fire management.....seen it happen too many times and it's an ugly baby[xx(]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

Phone Guy

I'm not a fire fighter but "I did sleep at the Holiday Inn Express". Does that count? [:D]

Kummok

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Phone Guy</i>
<br />I'm not a fire fighter but "I did sleep at the Holiday Inn Express". Does that count? [:D]

Dang...I don't know PG....was the hotel on fire at the time? Might be able to use the shirt tail cousin clause[;)][:D]

Kummok @ Homer, AK USA