Carolina Treet in Canada!

Started by Quarlow, June 03, 2010, 10:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

Ok you guys north of the border, are any of you interested in getting some of this awesome sauce if I get some shipped up here? I spoke to them direct today and he is going to send me a quote on it. So it may be expensive and it would be whatever it cost to get it here divided equally per bottle, then whatever it costs to ship it to you. If you are interested let me know and I will work up a price.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

mikeradio

Hey Quarlow  I was thinking of ordering some CT from Scotts website Smokeandstuff.  He has 28oz bottles for $4.95 and on CT website there 18oz bottles.
It would be worth it to get a price from Scott as well, once we figure out how many bottles.  I am in for 4 of the 28oz bottles.

Mike

Quarlow

Hey mike, I think that is a typo cause CT only makes 18 and 64 oz. bottles Of the CT sauce and they have 4 pack cases of 17 oz. bottles of the southern CT. I got a price on the 18oz. bottles for two cases. I have asked if the price was U.S. or Can. so once I figure that out I will post it here.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

mikeradio

I thought it might be a typo, so I emailed Scott to check, but have not heard back yet.

I cant wait to see how much shipping will be?  I wonder which courier they use?

I know Scott will ship USPS to us, and they are usually the cheapest, plus if he puts a low
declared value it might save on duty :)

Mike

classicrockgriller

I can testify!

The ones from Scott ARE 27.5oz bottles.

mikeradio

Thanks CRG did you order from Scott?

squirtthecat

I've gotten the 28oz bottles as well at a WalMart in SC..    Nice thing, they are plastic.  Cheaper to ship.

Personally, I think ordering the 1/2 gal jugs is the cheapest route, but shipping to CA,EH might be killer due to the weight.

[edit]

I see they are not available on CT's website for ordering.  They were before..  Perhaps they are out?

classicrockgriller

Quote from: mikeradio on June 03, 2010, 04:08:08 PM
Thanks CRG did you order from Scott?

Yes Mike from Scott.

I think YardandPool (Bryan) is also looking in to start stocking them.

LumpyDVC

I'd be interested. Never tried it before. Website description sounds good.

Throw some size/cost options out and I'll let you know what I'd be interested in.

Where are you located? I'm in Edmonton/Red Deer, AB.
-= Lumpy # 2 =-

Quarlow

Ok well I will tell you what I know so far.I am going to phone him again tomorrow but he sent me a price for 2 cases of 18oz. bottles- $138. works out to $5.75 per bottle to me. I have to ask if that was U.S. price or CDN. I didn't see any 28oz. bottles on their website so if I missed something please say so. I will get a price for the 64oz jugs so you have a choice. Oh I am pretty sure those 18oz bottles are plastic.

OBS
BBQ

NePaSmoKer

Q

I'm going to Ft Bragg NC on the 12 thru 18. I can get the larger plastic bottles for $3.75 on base. When i went to the CT factory i bought a case of 1/2 gallons for $36 (if memory serves me)

Would you like me to look around.

Quarlow

Rick if you can come up with something so us canuckleheads can get a source for this stuff we would be glad to get on board with it. Even if I have to get some smaller bottles and split the jugs up here and then send them to the guys. I had an angel from the east coast drop something on my door the other day.

So I am ok for a couple of weeks, but damn the space between the first bottle and the second one is like a crackhead with no money. ;D ;D ;D

OBS
BBQ

NePaSmoKer

Ok

When i get there i will go scout around for the best price on the small, large. The half's i must get from the CT plant.

LumpyDVC

I have friends in low places in BC. They all have US mailing addresses
across the border with a frequent traveler bringing stuff up. Not sure
about the legalities of food products crossing the border?

We could get some CT shipped there cheap UPS, then once it's in BC
disperse to where ever (Greyhound?).
-= Lumpy # 2 =-

Quarlow

Quote from: Quarlow on June 03, 2010, 06:43:25 PM
Rick if you can come up with something so us canuckleheads can get a source for this stuff we would be glad to get on board with it. Even if I have to get some smaller bottles and split the jugs up here and then send them to the guys. I had an angel from the east coast drop something on my door the other day.

So I am ok for a couple of weeks, but damn the space between the first bottle and the second one is like a crackhead with no money. ;D ;D ;D
Oh this was courtesy FLBR, Thanks Randy, you obviously must have picked up on the desperation in my posts. Hey the junkie needs his fix.
Ok Rick, we'll see what you can find then.

OBS
BBQ