Carolina Treet in Canada!

Started by Quarlow, June 03, 2010, 10:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

Well lumpy see what you can comeup with. I don't know if it would be cheaper to ship it to Blaine and then bring it across. My brother has a US mail box but if you aren't down 48hrs it probably isn't much cheaper. So if you know someone who goes down for 48 hrs and returns it maybe a better way to go. I can get the US mail address from my brother and then get a price to there from CT and see what is best.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

NePaSmoKer

When i was down there in March, Lenwood told me they tried the 1/2 gallons in the stores but they didnt move that good. I guess Colemans has them on that.

Captainslug

I'm interested.  Heard so much about that stuff I just have to try it.  Keep me in the loop guys.
Bradley Digital 4 Rack Smoker, 8 Std Racks, cold smoke adapter, 3 alum. pucks, 2nd element, circ. fan, Dual probe PID

Quarlow

No problem Capt. S we will get this stuff moving up here oneway or another. I wish I was the kind to peddle this stuff to restaurants and stores, I think it would be a big hit up here.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

Captainslug

Wish they could export it here.  But with the English/French labeling and I'm sure a heck of a duty for crossing the border........... its probably best we just do our best to get it here ourselves.
Bradley Digital 4 Rack Smoker, 8 Std Racks, cold smoke adapter, 3 alum. pucks, 2nd element, circ. fan, Dual probe PID

Quarlow

Well there is that too. :D :D :D

OBS
BBQ

Bavind

I may be interested depending on price let me know.

Quarlow

As soon as I get this all figured out I will post it here and you will have time to put your orders in. I will even go threw this thread and pm those who were interested.

OBS
BBQ

ExpatCanadian

Guys,  I'm trying to think of how I could help here too.  I have a sister who lives in Edmonds, WA and another sister who lives in Vancouver.  My wife's folks live in Vancouver also, and my own parents from Saskatchewan travel to both places at least once a month.  So... I normally have stuff shipped to Edmonds that I can't get anywhere else, and I either collect it myself if I happen to be going, have sister2 bring it to Vancouver when she visits sister1...  have my parents-in-law bring it to the UK (they are over 3-4 times per year) or have my own parents take it to their farm in Saskatchewan for me to collect when I'm there.  It's long winded, but it works...  especially if I'm not in a huge hurry to receive stuff.

At the moment, my only issue is the volume I'd have to bring in to satisfy even the interest in the thread...  and if I could ask (impose really) on my relatives to deal with gallons of the stuff.  If I were going in person, then I'd do it in a heartbeat...  but unfortunately I'm not going to be in Edmonds this summer...  only Saskatchewan.

Darn... let me think this through, maybe there's a way.  Watch this space.

Quarlow...  if somehow my situation can fit in with your own ideas, let me know....

Quarlow

We'll keep it in mind and thanks.

OBS
BBQ

classicrockgriller

Q, when you go back to work is there a place you can have it shipped to in the states and drag it home and send off from there?

StickyDan

Hey Q,  I've been reading lots of great reviews about this stuff.  Let me know what you come up with because I'm interested.

lumpy

I am driving to my Colorado house end of July and can bring a whack back. Once I return, I can ship it to our brothers in need! ;)

Will be at the smokeout at Nepas and can bring some back then.

Lumpy

RossP

Good thinking Q. I will be in on this one for sure. Let me know if I can help in any way.
I do have a mailing address for our business in Sumas, Wa. Like you said the only problem in getting
a large quantiy across the border and through customs. I will try and find out what the duty
would be on BBQ sauce.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

RossP

Looks like the duty would be 12% HST and an additional 8 -11% duty if I am reading the tarrif guide correctly.
Looks like the tarrif code is either 2103.90 up to 12% or 2103.90.20.00  8%. I will try and get it down a bit better.
Will give them a call next week.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen