Carolina Treet in Canada!

Started by Quarlow, June 03, 2010, 10:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumpy

If you use Fedex or UPS don't forget the brokerage fee.

leftcoast smoker

I ordered direct a few weeks ago and 4 Bottles landed here Via usps
cost me about 45.00,
but I would be in for another 4-6 for sure I love the stuff Especially on BBQ chicken,
man now my mouths watering again!!!!
LCS

RossP

Quote from: lumpy on June 04, 2010, 05:30:23 PM
If you use Fedex or UPS don't forget the brokerage fee.

That is why I have an address in Sumas.
I bring everything up myself and do
all the paper work myself.
10 minutes of paperwork saves me
thousands of dollars each year in
brokerage fees.
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Quarlow

Ok peps this is what I have come up with so far. CT quoted me for 2 cases of 18oz bottles 12 to a case so 24 bottles $138 to my door. Now this is in US price so their exchange is $1.00 US =  $1.0498 CDN which works out to $144.87 for the 2 cases. So that breaks down to $6.03 per bottle to me. Now I don't know if there is additional charges at the border but anything I have ordered from the US that came via USPS/Canada post I have not had to pay additional fees. So as it stands we are at $6.03 per bottle to my house(depending on border charges) plus shipping to you from here. If you know any info as to additional charges, let me know.
Now I will get in touch with (was it Scott's smoke and stuff or was it Y&P) and get a quote from him for to my door. I will also get back to CT and get a price to my Brothers address in blaine and then see what it will cost to bring it across myself.
We also can see what NePaS comes up with and anyone who knows affirmatively costs for cross border just let me know.
This is a mission I am going to follow threw with and the best price is going to be what I go with. It may work out that it will be cheaper to have some shipped here and then some shipped to someone in the east but that is fine. I know one of the Ontario boys will work that end for this. I know it does not cost huge to ship in canada because I shipped a Big Easy to Medicine Hat for like $22. bucks. So a couple of bottles of sauce won't be much. But I will get this going for the canuckleheads with a craving.
Once I get the cheapest way of doing this nailed down I will then get addresses and then find the cost to your doors and we will see who wants what. I can see that I already could bring in the 2 cases and have no problem getting rid of it. And even if everyone bailed on me I would have a years supply of it which I don't have a problem with cause I like it that much.
Now if you guys just want me to order in 1 case so you can try it to see if you like it I can do that right away. Just say so and it is done. I also have a buddy in Ottawa who will do anything I ask of him cause he owes me huge and we have been best friends since we were 6 so I can manipulate him anyway I want considering his entire future was up to my deciding option(long story) but he is my bitch forever. :D :D :D So I have that angle too.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Quarlow

P.S. we will get this done, I just want you guys to get the best price possible. Believe me this stuff is worth it.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

lumpy

leftcoast smoker

Q, whatever it is, it is. I was going to order more anyway and yes postal is the best, I have yet to pay any brokerage fees or taxes for that matter, and my mail lady puts it right in my hand, what more could I ask for well unless someone wants to come and cook it for me too LOL.
I love it and will take 4-6 for sure, summer is here and I cook outside everyday I can now,
LCS

StickyDan

I haven't tried the stuff yet but it must be good if everyone is putting this much effort into it.  I'll take 4 bottles if possible and I'd be happy to come pick em up from you Q.  You're in Surrey right?

RossP

Quarlow  I will take 4 bottles. Thanks
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Captainslug

I'll take 4-6 bottles and maybe one or two more if you are still trying to move some at the end.
Bradley Digital 4 Rack Smoker, 8 Std Racks, cold smoke adapter, 3 alum. pucks, 2nd element, circ. fan, Dual probe PID

Quarlow

Ok, I am going to tally up you guys and see what we need and I will order some. Then once this pusher has you hooked I'll just keep you floating. :D :D :D So Right from this post you can put in your orders. So I got:
Q              -  4 bottles
Capt.S       -  4 to 6 bottles
RossP        -  4 bottles
StickyD      -  4 bottles
Lcoast       -  4 to 6 bottles
Mikeradio    -  4 bottles
LumpyDVC  -  4-64oz jugs
Bavind -  ?
Anyone else just say so and it is done. I will still look at the other options from NePaS and thoughs who offered plus I will get the quote from Scott's place. Like I said I will get us the cheapest price but for now we'll go with this. I am sure enough that you guys will order more after you go threw this. Oh by the way yes I am in Surrey.

OBS
BBQ

lumpy

I will hold off on ordering right now since I will see Nepas in a few weeks.
He has a case for me.

Thanks
Lumpy

LumpyDVC

I'm in for 4. Preferrably big size bottles. ;-)
-= Lumpy # 2 =-

KyNola

Dang Q, you missed your calling in life.  You were destined to be a salesperson for CT. :D

Guys, seriously that is some darn good stuff.  I wouldn't think twice about spending $6.00 per bottle.  Only question I would have is how quick can you get that stuff to me? ;)

Quarlow

Well this is pretty easy when you have what they want. I should mention that the quote I have is for 18oz bottles so if you guys want bigger bottles let me know so I can get the price quote on those. I only saw 18 and 64 oz bottles on the website but I can ask when I phone. I will get the price on the 64oz bottles for sure. I may as well get prices for all they have.

OBS
BBQ