Some King Salmon Tonight

Started by ArnieM, June 03, 2010, 06:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

I love this stuff.  It's not a fishy fish.  Wild caught and fresh.

It came out after about an hour of Alder as cold as I could smoke it.  The outside temp was running about 85.

Then it goes into the broiler.  How long?  Until it's barely done.  Plated with boiled (Syracuse) red potatoes and a green salad.

It was good.

Note to my fellow photographers - technical stuff. 
I've lately been shooting with a fast lens.  You can see that in the second pic.  The depth of field wouldn't cover the entire plate.  I guess it's time to go to aperture priority at maybe f4 to f5.6.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

Quarlow

Very nice cuzin. You gotta love a fresh wild salmon for sure.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

DarqMan

Looks great Arnie!

Your pics are so much better than my iPhone ;D
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

classicrockgriller

You guys are gonna make me try that Salmon stuff.

Great looking pic!

DTAggie

Doing Salmon this weekend.  Unfortunately being in Texas it will not be wild and fresh caught.  Will let you know how it goes.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: DTAggie on June 03, 2010, 06:58:24 PM
Doing Salmon this weekend.  Unfortunately being in Texas it will not be wild and fresh caught.  Will let you know how it goes.

The HEB chain ran an ad down here that they have FResh Wild Salmon being flown in daily.

No $$$$$$$ per lb, just said check with your local store.

DTAggie

CRG - you have Central Market there?

classicrockgriller

Quote from: DTAggie on June 03, 2010, 07:40:17 PM
CRG - you have Central Market there?

We do in the Houston market.

DTAggie

Have two up here.  I don't there.  Just wondering how their fish supply is.

ArnieM

Believe me, getting wild fresh north Pacific salmon here on the east coast ain't cheap.  These hunks cost me about $11.25/Lb, well below his whiteboard price.

Then he says "I smoked some.  You want to try it?"  Gee, twist my arm.

I keep saying, get to know a local butcher.  Build a relationship.  Steve runs a one man shop.  Go in and chat - smoking, grilling or whatever.  Did any CB?  ABTs?  Bring some for samples.  Before you know it, you'll be getting top quality stuff at below list
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

DTAggie

Sounds like Arnie has the hook-up.

OU812

Good lookin plate of eats there Arnie.

I love smoked salmon, you keep showin that green stuff you call "salad" I might break down and get some of that green stuff. :D