Help Me Settle a 37 year old Argument! The Verdict is in, Decission is Final!

Started by classicrockgriller, June 04, 2010, 03:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ka Honu

The first picture is correct.  Children, pets, and other persons should be restrained from screwing around with the natural order. 

Having said that, the second method is acceptable under either of two conditions:

• on an open-ended bar if there is a prevailing breeze which unrolls otherwise correctly hung paper, or
     • if whoever has the power to make such decisions (usually the senior female member of the household) insists.

Quarlow

Ok it definitely has to come over the top. And here is why. When you are watching T.V. and you only have 2 min.s or less to take care of business that paper has to be where you can get it quick, cause seconds count here. If it is on the back you have to fumble around wasting precious seconds trying to get at it when if it is hanging over the top it is right there to grab and there is no time wasted so you don't miss any of your show. And believe me, as I have Colitis I know all to well about the time spent and wasted on the throne. NOUGH SAID, done, end of discussion.

Of course I know you folks and someone will have something more to say about this delicate subject. :D :D :D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

Q, I hate to hear that!

You do .... do bring out some valued points.

Butt, thanks for sharing. ;D

Quarlow

Well I was just trying to be funny butt it was all true. ::) ::)
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

Sailor

Facing the front.  One quick downward flick of the fingers and the spool spins off a stream of paper.  No fumbling around to find the start of the roll.  Hanging from the back you have too many movements to get the spool to spin .......  To be honest......if I put the roll on "backwards" I am promptly re-educated by the lovely Miss Judi.  Oh, and BTW the seat is to stay in the "down" position at all times unless being used by a male and then it is to be stored in the down position.  I have heard many a scream in the middle of the night when "someone" (me) forgot to put the seat down and someone (Miss Judi) went to sit down and fell into the bowl.  It is a scream that one will never forget. LOL

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

TTNuge

Don't get me started on the toilet seat!!!  Although I am now well trained after being married for 5 years but there were many more bachelor years before that .  But anyways,  what I don't understand is why would anyone sit down without checking first?  Seems like common sense to me, which I suppose is why women are unable to do it correctly.

KyNola

The paper should always face the front. 'Nuff said.

Sailor

Quote from: TTNuge on June 05, 2010, 07:15:55 AM
Don't get me started on the toilet seat!!!  Although I am now well trained after being married for 5 years but there were many more bachelor years before that .  But anyways,  what I don't understand is why would anyone sit down without checking first?  Seems like common sense to me, which I suppose is why women are unable to do it correctly.
I think it has something to do with territory.  The longer you are married the less "inside" territory the male has.  I am down to the garage, patio, yard and my office.  I think if I did not use my office to produce an income that area would be properly marked and have rules for its use.  LOL  Just to throw them off a bit....try mixing the silverware up in the drawer.  It is just me and my wife now and I always have to laugh when she makes a statement like. "Did you put knifes in the spoon holder?"  Nope not me, I think it was that same person that snuck in here and used the bathroom and didn't put the seat down and put the paper on the wrong way.  Think I should file a police report?   ;D

BuyLowSellHigh

Quote from: Sailor on June 05, 2010, 07:47:35 AM
to do with territory.  The longer you are married the less "inside" territory the male has.  I am down to the garage, patio, yard and my office.  

Well you are holding out better than me.  I have managed to retain the one car garage (she has taken over the larger two car garage) and she shares my office.  Basically, I have the yard, 1/2 of my office, 1/3 rd of the garage space and ~ 1/3 of the patio space.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

Sailor

I guess I should clarify just a bit.  She parks her vehicle in "my" garage which leaves one side for my fridge, tool bench, lawn stuff, generator and my other treasures.  When the garage gets a bit out of shape the orders are ....isn't it about time for you to clean "your" garage?  A prompt reply is always needed......I did...I just cleaned out the beer in the fridge.....be back in a bit .....gotta run to the store for a new supply  ;D

Quarlow

Yeah what is with the seat. I just tell her "well we have to lift it so you can put it down" then I promptly make sure it is down everytime I us it. :-[ :-[

OBS
BBQ

FLBentRider

Facing the front.

and as far as the seat goes, after careful statistical analysis, it was determined that _I_ use the device more frequently than she does, therefore it is _she_ who needs to remember to return the seat to its full upright position.

Yeah, even when faced with facts and numbers, I lost that one.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

KevinG

I don't understand you guys, the roll spins both ways you know, I think under (behind) is the best solution becuase you are less likely to have someone dump it all over the floor with an upward spin rather than a downward spin. I don't want anything near that floor touching my butt.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

BuyLowSellHigh

So, CRG, when are you going to give us the correct answer ?   ???   ;)   ;D
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

Quarlow

I'd say the pole at the top speaks for itself.

OBS
BBQ