frog mats

Started by crestman, April 14, 2010, 08:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crestman

Just wondering if anyone knows of a supplier of frog mats in Canada? I know I could get them from Yard and Pool and that they come very highly recommended, however, they can't control shipping costs and border issues. An acquaintance of mine who lives in Calgary, AB. ordered some of these from Y&P last summer and ended up paying an arm and a leg (I think they took his first born as well :o) for them due to border duties, taxes, and such. I've had the same issue with other items I've brought up from the US.

Thanks

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

begolf25

Crestman,

I would do as FLBentrider suggests and try to get in contact with Mike. Very helpful and I am sure he will do his best to hook you up.

Bryan

mikeradio

Hello

Trent  gave me this information, I am waiting a custom order for a roll 17" wide and 45ft long for my custom smoker.
They did not know the name frogmat so ask for the  release screen/mesh that lines the racks.

Mike

Michael K. Reissmueller
[email protected]
Hi-Performance Products, Inc.
Specialty Coated Fabrics, Tapes, Films & Textiles
1231 Puerta Del Sol; Unit 400
San Clemente, CA  92673
(949) 366-6088; 5988 Fax
www.ptfeglass.com

crestman

Quote from: mikeradio on April 14, 2010, 10:35:04 AM
Hello

Trent  gave me this information, I am waiting a custom order for a roll 17" wide and 45ft long for my custom smoker.
They did not know the name frogmat so ask for the  release screen/mesh that lines the racks.

Mike

Michael K. Reissmueller
[email protected]
Hi-Performance Products, Inc.
Specialty Coated Fabrics, Tapes, Films & Textiles
1231 Puerta Del Sol; Unit 400
San Clemente, CA  92673
(949) 366-6088; 5988 Fax
www.ptfeglass.com

Hey thanks guys,

I was wondering what the name of the material used is called. I'm in the plastic industry and can't seem to find this type with my suppliers. If I could determine what kind of material this is, I would stock it, cut it, and sell it.

EDIT: I just got a call from one of my suppliers and I can get it (Polyethylene Screen). We stock flat sheet polyethylene and I suppose using our CNC router we could plunge a bunch of holes and make a screen, however, it seems as though roll stock would be best.

Bavind

The problem with extra costs coming into Canada is if they ship UPS. They will charge outrageous fees and almost double the cost of anything coming in. Try to get the shipper to ship by the post office may take a little longer but you usually will not get charged all the duties etc.

La Quinta

What the hell is a frog mat? Is that like a Sillpat??? ???

FLBentRider

A frogmat is like a silpat, but just the mesh inside.

It's PTFE (non-stick) impregnated fiberglass

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

La Quinta

Impregnated anything scares us pre-menapausal girls FL!!!  :D But I get the point!!!  ;D

Helheim

I'm from Canada and ordered mine from Y&P, just get him to ship USPS instead of UPS and you'll just pay $5 + GST when you go to pick it up.

Toker

When i ordered mines (ordered 12), i did not pay anything for customs and tax don't know why. I'M from Quebec Canada

b0dhi

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at buying some of these frogmats.. Does the 10"x13"  one fit the Bradley DBS racks well?

TIA!
b0dhi

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: b0dhi on May 31, 2010, 05:41:03 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm looking at buying some of these frogmats.. Does the 10"x13"  one fit the Bradley DBS racks well?

TIA!
b0dhi

The 10X13 are a perfect fit for the Bradley racks.
HawkeyeSmokes

FLBentRider

MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

b0dhi

awesome.. thanks!  I will look at buying them for my DBS...