cold smoke adapter, what is it?

Started by smokinmac, June 03, 2010, 01:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokinmac

Brand new to OBS, and to forum, but couldn't find exactly what a cold smoke adapter is. Want to try some cheese, but it's already reaching 100 here in Oklahoma. Would an adapter make any difference? ???

DTAggie

The warmest outside I have done cheese just using the smoke generator was about 70 I beleive.  Was tough keeping the temp in the 80 - 90 range.  Had to open the cabinet door a few times to cool it off.  A cold smoke adapter would help a bunch with the temp outside.

Habanero Smoker

A cold smoker adapter is a piece of equipment you can buy or build your own. It allows you to detach the generator from the Smoke so the bisquette burner will not heat up the cabinet. If you do a search you will see many variations.

Cold Smoke Adapter

Cardboard Cold Smoke Adapter

Bradley's Cold Smoke Adapter

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

RAF128

Quote from: smokinmac on June 03, 2010, 01:13:49 PM
Brand new to OBS, and to forum, but couldn't find exactly what a cold smoke adapter is. Want to try some cheese, but it's already reaching 100 here in Oklahoma. Would an adapter make any difference? ???

I would be hard to smoke a cheese if the outside temp is 100ยบ.   You could put some ice bags inside the tower to keep the temp down and then smoke with the cold smoke adapter.

smokinmac

;) Makes sense to me. I knew reading through this forum I would get some good advice. I did see some of the separate smoke generators, so I'll look in to it. Thanks.