Memphis Blues All Purpose Dry Rub

Started by StickyDan, June 08, 2010, 09:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StickyDan

Found this recipe on line today.  Memphis Blues is a local chain here in the Vancouver area. http://www.memphisbluesbbq.com/
I find it's hit or miss but it always hits the spot when I'm craving a quick fix of smoke.  20$ usually gets me enough food for a big dinner and some leftovers for lunch the next day.  Anyways, I followed the recipe as close as I could.  I didn't have a full cup of parsley but oh well...  I also used brown sugar, regular paprika and I didn't have any celery salt.  Other than that, I got pretty close. 
Anyways, I prepped the batch for tomorrows brisket.  I couldn't wait to try it so I decided to try it on the prawns and scallops that I grilled tonight.  I have to say, I was very pleased with the results.  Can't wait for the brisket!!!
Cheers

Memphis Blues All Purpose Dry Rub
Ingredients:
1 cup (250 ml) dried parsley
1 cup (250 ml) sugar
1 cup (250 ml) Lawry's Seasoned Salt
3 Tbsp (45 ml) ground black pepper
3 Tbsp (45 ml) garlic powder
3 Tbsp (45 ml) onion powder
3 Tbsp (45 ml) dried oregano
3 Tbsp (45 ml) sweet paprika
1 Tbsp (15 ml) mild mustard powder (* Do NOT use Keen's)
1 Tbsp (15 ml) celery salt
pinch cayenne pepper
Method:
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk thoroughly so there are no clumps.
Store in an airtight container in the cupboard up to 6 months. Use on pork, chicken,
turkey or

classicrockgriller

Method:
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk thoroughly so there are no clumps.
Store in an airtight container in the cupboard up to 6 months. Use on pork, chicken,
turkey or

Your favorite Girlfriend?

Gizmo

Hmm, haven't seen dried parsley in any recipes.  Gonna have to try that.  Anything with celery salt in it has to be good.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

DTAggie

CRG - is it safe to keep her air tight?

classicrockgriller

Quote from: DTAggie on June 08, 2010, 09:47:56 PM
CRG - is it safe to keep her air tight?

Sure

I have use some dryed parsley but I don't like to eat the rub chucks so I crush it.

drewpatton

I dont think my lady would go for airtight....