I gots me uh bubba keg!

Started by DarqMan, June 09, 2010, 05:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTNuge

Great, thanks for the info.  Still struggling with spending over $200 just for a remote thermometer but it would be soooooooo cool.

Quote from: DarqMan on June 17, 2010, 06:29:09 PM
Quote from: TTNuge on June 17, 2010, 06:24:09 PM
Looks great!  Guess I'll have to forget about the Bubba Keg and just get the Stoker.  How long ago did you order the Stoker and did you get an ETA at all?

I ordered it this past weekend.  The website says 2-3 for shipping and he said he'd email tracking number when it shipped.  The order page is not secure (https) so DO NOT enter any credit card information.  Email him and ask for his paypal address.  I think it's a one man outfit and I'll bet he builds them when he gets an order.  I may be wrong, but that's how it appears.

DarqMan

I agree, it's a chunk of change but I know I'll get tons of use out of it.  I've got a wireless game adapter I plan on plugging into the ethernet port so basically it will just be a wireless device on my network.  I'll config my router to use port forwarding so I can control it from outside the firewall. 

Quote from: TTNuge on June 17, 2010, 07:26:00 PM
Great, thanks for the info.  Still struggling with spending over $200 just for a remote thermometer but it would be soooooooo cool.

Quote from: DarqMan on June 17, 2010, 06:29:09 PM
Quote from: TTNuge on June 17, 2010, 06:24:09 PM
Looks great!  Guess I'll have to forget about the Bubba Keg and just get the Stoker.  How long ago did you order the Stoker and did you get an ETA at all?

I ordered it this past weekend.  The website says 2-3 for shipping and he said he'd email tracking number when it shipped.  The order page is not secure (https) so DO NOT enter any credit card information.  Email him and ask for his paypal address.  I think it's a one man outfit and I'll bet he builds them when he gets an order.  I may be wrong, but that's how it appears.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

DarqMan

First bubba cook.  Two USDA choice ribeyes marinading in soy and brown sugar foodsaver style.

I used Ron's 3-3-3-3 method.  Here's the initial place

Here's the rotate after 3 minutes

Here's the turn after 3 more minutes.  Sorry for the poor photo.

Here's the last rotate after another 3 minutes

After resting under foil 10 minutes.

A juicy bite.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

DarqMan

I had fun!  I really like this cooker but I have some learning to do.  I should have let the fire go a little past my target temp because it took a little while after putting the steaks on to bring back up to temp.  This litle dude holds heat like you wouldn't believe.  I stopped at Sam's tonight to get the steaks and took another look at the black ceramic cooker they have for $500.  The quality is not anywhere near that of this cooker.  I'm pleased with it but have a ways to go before I get 'er down.

DTAggie

Get it down before the Texas Smoke Out!

squirtthecat

ronbeaux

The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

classicrockgriller

Quit you whinning out loud! ;D

You know you where smilin' from ear to ear eatin them beautiful steaks.

They look great. I can almost smell them.

Oh Wait! That's mine on the cooker!

Party on Steve!

DarqMan

They did taste delicious!  They were 16 ouncers and we both ate every bite. 

DarqMan

I just wanted to take a moment to give kudos to Home Depot.  

Last week, Debra from the store I purchased my Bubba Keg from called just to make sure I'd received it and everything was okay.  I'm not one to complain or be negative, but I did explain the fiasco with the shipping company and how I ended up having to eventually pick it up due to their complete lack of concern.  I didn't raise cane, just explained the situation.  She apologized for them and practically demanded I accept a refund on the shipping cost ($57).  Well golly gee whiz... what's a guy to do?  Of course i accepted and the credit hit my account today.  

I just wanted folks to know I was impressed and appreciated her follow up.

classicrockgriller

Steve, I had PM'ed you about not having all my parts when I got mine.

I called them (InZone...Bubba keg) and they took what I was missing down.

I guess i was use to Bradley's service and got ansy.

Five days later I called back to see where my parts were.

They said 4 to 6 weeks.

That afternoon UPS driver honks (he won't get out of the truck ... afraid of my Dogs)

and My stuff was here.

So here's to you Home Depot and Bubba Keg. Almost as good as Bradley service.

DarqMan

Sonny, I called In-Zone the next day after I received your PM regarding the missing multi tool and they told me 4-6 weeks.  I'm encouraged to know it will probably be here before that. 

classicrockgriller

Quote from: DarqMan on June 22, 2010, 05:56:58 PM
Sonny, I called In-Zone the next day after I received your PM regarding the missing multi tool and they told me 4-6 weeks.  I'm encouraged to know it will probably be here before that. 

Not probably ... It's all here!

Actually it was six days counting two days on the weekend. I'm stoked!